1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 4 | COTA | USA | April 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 4, 2022.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

But they (Jason) also said that Alex Espargaro have been on competitive equipment his MotoGP career, which can’t be further from the truth, so sometimes they spew verbal diarrhea, just like many other talking heads.

henry_carlson likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

I honestly think either one of these outcomes could happen. Crazy.

It appears as if you two have a $100 wager. :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So you didn't see his gloves.

4. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Good point. Probably not that many people since they are not running Twins Cup or Baggers at this round. :D

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

So cars are feeling the bumps...welcome back to the Rodeo Bikes....maybe it's last year if it's as close to what it was last year

6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

So you're Joe Roberts, and Aprilia had it's first win, and leading the 'ship. Do you fire your manager?

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Nope. He’d been gone as soon as Mav was available.

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

henry_carlson likes this.
  11. henry_carlson

no, it was his decision.... he wanted to win a race before he went to GP. and as quciktoy pointed out, with Mav arriving, he probs would have gotten the booooooooooot

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

but he would have had some more $$ in the bank i presume with that boot

Quicktoy likes this.
  13. henry_carlson

you think he cares about money? he seems very well off as is and he is as hipster as they come so i dont think the $$ moves him.

Quicktoy likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I would have thought most people care about money in their chosen career, unless they are in a non-profit or some well-being services, otherwise it's more a hobby racing for plastic trophies

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. henry_carlson

Or they want to be the best.
    When asked what he would have done if he wasn't a professional footballer Thierry Henry responded by saying an amatuer footballer. Your MM quote dosnt say if you take my money away I'd lose half my life its my bike! I personally think that Joes motivation isnt money related, its a love of competition and motorcycles.

And perhaps further evidence of this is the fact that he didnt listen to his hypothetical manager pushing a more money move to GP, he wanted to stay in moto 2 and hone his craft. Couldnt we also also argue that a failed moto gp rider is presented with more opportunities than a failed moto 2 rider and if he was concerned with money he would have moved to GP.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Cool sunrise pic...

KXAN03.jpg

Pride & Joy, 23103a, Chango and 2 others like this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Paddock looks empty-ish...used to seeing like 100 trailers

18. Yama-saurus

Want to think MotoA move in doesn't start until 10.00am COTA time

BigBird likes this.
  19. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

Watching the sun rise over a racetrack - any racetrack, is always special! I love the serenity of the scene, the anxious optimism for the coming day's events and the chance to take a deep breath before jumping into the controlled chaos that always seems to come on race day. Thanks for the pic.

thrak410, cBJr, ajcjr and 6 others like this.
  20. Yama-saurus

https://www.kxan.com/webcams-two/

BigBird likes this.