1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 4 | COTA | USA | April 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Watching from turn one it looked like Pol was crashing every time. He was so far off the bike you couldn’t see him. MM was so aggressive on the breaks and on the throttle. He was turning the bike with the rear tire. Fabio was insanely consistent.

the Hondas sounded vicious.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I just thought of something. Maybe someone already mentioned it but what a difference a year makes.

There was no whining or crying about COTA track conditions...nor any kudos for fixing it good for a successful weekend of racing. I guess silence IS golden then.

badmoon692008 and Phl218 like this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not really true.

The general consensus from riders was that it was much better than last year (Read D.Emmett).

.....but still, by far, was the bumpiest track they have to ride on all year.

'Good effort' isn't really the compliment you want to go on, I guess... :D

koth442 likes this.
  4. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Sofaglue did bitchmade shit on track. Fuck that guy.

cpettit likes this.
  6. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

damn, and unlike then we had some prospect in SS lurking (JR, GG, JD) and this time the best American prospect (Landers) isnt even racing. I went and looked at the entry lists and such from 2015 and 2016 and the names are almost identical.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Tyler Scott will be the next on the list, he has the experience he's been to Europe has a flat track back ground and has financial backing to be able to move forward. He was also at CMP this weekend on a gsxr750..
    Behind him (just because he's younger) would be Blake Davis

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Both great kids too.

noles19 likes this.
  9. prm

prm Well-Known Member

The American riders in Europe do not seem to have the confidence or swagger of the riders who win. GG has shown he has speed, but after last year he seems completely averse to competition. Give him another race, but I’m less optimistic he can turn fast practice into winning races. No idea what it would take turn turn him around. Away from Yamaha? Sports psych? If he did not see a sports psych in the off season that was a mistake. Anyone care to guess how many times the incident with Toprak at Assen last year will be played and brought up in two weeks at Assen?
    The American Racing team seems (just my perception) to use vague terms like “hope” and make it seem like winning would be some miracle, or nearly impossible task, rather than the expected outcome of their plan. I might be completely wrong, I just get weird, negative vibe. Again, I know nothing about what is going on behind the scenes or how they really feel.

10. Used2befast

Anyone see the Stanboli interview?

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Cliff notes

12. Used2befast

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Detonation. Maybe bad batch of fuel, or slightly different fuel and on the edge tuning. Engine same except for new cam spec. Race 1, Jake had an electrical connection issue with the crankshaft position sensor causing intermittent cut out.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    Quicktoy likes this.
  14. Used2befast

I know you meant to say crankshaft Position sensor:Poke:

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yup. Autocorrect. Shrug… :beer:

16. Used2befast

Hehe...worse invention since the crankshaft piston sensor :crackup:

MachineR1 and Monsterdood like this.
  17. Used2befast

Fuel causing the engines to blow smoke smh...ummm I wondering if that was a outrighr guess.

How about this option? When they put the piston rings on the pistons they didn't align 1 or more piston rings at 180 degrees from each other which causes oil blow by

TLR67 likes this.
  18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the longest straight on the calendar? There is a detonation issue that has a very hard to diagnose cause that we’ve been through... when I found it we went on to have the fastest most dependable R6s in the paddock for years while Graves suffered with his hubris...

I’m sure Richard knows but I’ll share if anyone wants to hear...

Quicktoy and G 97 like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sometimes keeping things simple is better. No need to outthink yourself,

27 likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I talked to your engine builder the other day.... he said holy shit that was a long long long time ago..,. Just to make you feel Junge and perky :Poke::D

G 97 likes this.