1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 4 | COTA | USA | April 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cooling issue = rod through radiator :D

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Why do 2 stroke rings need to be pinned if they don't rotate?

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

It was the best. :D

4. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

To keep them from snagging a port. (guessing)

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

good guess! :D

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Because an R1 has a 2T motor? :confused:

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So the ring doesn’t rotate into the ports?

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I hate to quote myself, but I need to so the geniuses will understand that it was a rhetorical statement to underscore the fact that rings do rotate and with a 2 stroke they are pinned to prevent the ends from snagging in the port.
    I am indeed sorry for your ignorance.:Poke:

koth442 likes this.
  9. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

rhetorical?? In some places them's fightin' words

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

With a tiny sniff yes otherwise I saw the grimreaper walking down hot pit

Wait those we're the officials making sure oem x won everything that weekend

G 97 likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I used it up until it went away then went with R-tech or VP. One time after a Road America round, I ran out of gas right at my my exit where I would fill up so I went in the trailer and had @ 2 gallons left of NuTech and put it in my van. It ran good. LOL A31A9DEA-36C2-470E-98A5-513124563574.jpeg 6D58F28E-A1DE-4057-AC2C-D8D61B22264D.jpeg

27 likes this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I saw many a factory mechanic pouring in fuel with full on respirators on... and still losing their breath choking and a new one replacing them... for fuel! Geezus wonder what else went on...

Funny thing the first weekend one of the WoO sprint car guys were on the team they went off saying “hey! I thought you said tire treatments are illegal?!?” That team is using “&4$83&” and it’s toxic and banned and worth 1/2 sec on dirt 1/2 mile ovals! And that other team is using “&38@‘s” those pussies are scared of the good stuff. They read the rule book and said... ah bullshit! They don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground... we don’t even have to mix it in the Nitrogen, they don’t say it’s against the rules and they don’t even have sniffers... pffft... we put stuff in the rig just in case...

Just so everyone knows... the tire treatments don’t make tires faster... they remove the silicone and keep them from from coming apart when that and the mold release agents start to interfere with longevity and consistency. They threw a fit when we weren’t buying as many tires as everyone else but were going as fast at the end as the beginning on used tires... they ran their mouths so I took the tires right off the bike and out of our pile and demanded they test them... looked like monkeys fucking footballs and Jim Allen didn’t know what to say... so he shut the fuck up for once...

They didn’t care about tire treatments... the assholes cared about selling tires and if I showed everyone how to make a 20 lap tire as good as a new one they wouldn’t have sold half as many... to the non factory teams anyway... dicks

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    G 97 likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I think I have a gallon of Nutec Oil on the shelf...

G 97 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Dude, I was at Daytona @ 94,95,96 and Honda did just this with the fueling situation. They used some nasty shit.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yep... Yosh too, Yamaha too...

A former Honda crew.... guy... that was top of the.... crew... told me about the vacuum pump and negative crank case pressure they ran... that was completely illegal... cheating fucks...

G 97 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I saw the complete set up at Torrance when I was with Honda. Then we go to the new product line introduction in Las Vegas where once again, Honda unveils a complete turd 600 when compared to all the other manufacturers.

But somehow they were always more than competitive. :crackup:

27 likes this.
  17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Tell me more about silicone in tires?

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

[​IMG]

19. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Was not illegal