1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 7 | Catalunya | Spain | Jun 4 - 6

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 31, 2021.

1. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Fabio to Suzuki in 2023??

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

more likely Fabio to Dainese than Suzuki

3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

yep

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

A capacity of self-ridicule and his own admittance that a black flag was probably warranted (and that he got lucky) helps his likeability.
    (I find he comes off as a spoiled kid sometimes, specially in his post race, cool down lap reactions...)

Dragginass and BigBird like this.
  5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

IDK, I think he is such a likable guy compared to MM93. My wife even brought it up yesterday. The mood is so different without the arrogance and dushyness of MM93 in the paddock. Even the winners circle, guys are humble and happy and share congrats to each other and other teams. Very professional and likable. MM93 and AM73 wont even waive to the camera. Im sure that comes from thier dad. I appreciate all of MM93 accomplishments and riding but the guy makes it so hard to like him.

6. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Was a Gixxer bruh reference… Seems it was only funny to me. Oh well… Anyway, if you believe the Fabio forgot to zip up fully theory, I don’t think Dainese leather zip themselves up either.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So, time to idiot proof the leathers?
    Fail to zip them all the way up and you get an idiot light on the dash and max 50% power.:D

Seriously, this should really not be a thing. Zip them all the way up and close the Velcro piece over them. Done. I have no idea how someone at at world championship level fails to do something that pretty much every track day junkie and novice racer does. Put your safety gear on properly.

That being said, I did forget to attach my HitAir vest to the tether before going out once, but that is optional safety gear, unlike my leathers, boots, and gloves.

8. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I think that post makes Fabio more likable and was possibly the best way he could have ever handled this.

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

But if he acts all safe and stuff, then he misses all the style points on the grid... pfffttt...

catstyle.jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    MyWayGuy likes this.
  10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Not at all but rules are rules. And I’m sure for profesional riders lack of guards have caused a lot more accidents and injuries than unzipped leathers.

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

They have lights for that purpose

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

MM93 saying what's wrong with the Honda

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/9...ddoGs5exja15GERTmh4W3UuQfUqiUcn6sABY9aLbW5Ems

Gino230 likes this.
  13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This .

Was not deliberate, or a choice he made.

Ridiculous to penalize him, imo.

Not the same as lining up that way.....

Anybody have any facts about what happened?

14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

So his zipper failed with a few laps to go, only endangering himself, and he gets a penalty??

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Absolutely. If my gear fails while I’m in a WERA race and they see me I’m getting penalized.

16. Quicktoy

Actually if you look on the grid his leathers weren’t zipped up all the way. You never see him zip them up. That’s on him if they came down and his leather sponsor.

BigBird likes this.
  17. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

That's true, but this isn't Wera.

You see Riders crash in MotoGP, get up and continue on even after they hit their heads and their helmets...

Dragginass, BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  18. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

You know this to be fact?

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

We always have barnacle Bill put better zippers on our leathers when we get them

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Quicktoy

I haven’t gone back and watched beginning of race to see his onboard to see if it ever made it up but I’ve seen him before have it a few inches down.