1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 3 | Czech Republic | Brno | Aug 7-9

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 3, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I saw that Garth. You narrowly escaped the repost pop :D

G 97 likes this.
  2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

What about benching twice his bodyweight? No point even showing up to the track if he can't manage that IMO.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Why escape it- he underwent two surgeries today?

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

So is this fucker going to try racing at Brno still? Riders need to be protected from themselves. The heroics are great to watch, but Rins, Crutchlow and Marquez gained nothing from trying to race this past weekend. The medical fitness tests need to be a hell of a lot more robust. A racer will always try to tough it out regardless of what medical experts say.

If someone on his end doesn’t nut up and tell Marc no he’s going to self destruct in his prime.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, I never thought it was a good or bad idea. My response was that it was completely up to him, his doctors and Honda as they are the only ones with complete information etc and anyone expounding on it was simply speculating solely based on feelings. And the beat goes on..............

cav115 likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And ironically, they probably wouldn't take bike set-up advice from their orthopedic surgeons.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I DID. I Broomed the thread, made the post, then read the thread then deleted post. :crackup:
    Screw you Johnny, it’s not your day. :D

cav115 likes this.
  8. redtailracing

Surely even as hungry as Marc is, he has to face the reality that this is a wake up call. I would be severely disappointed if he even hinted at trying to race this weekend under the new circumstances. Not that he gives a shit about my opinion. But still... even he has to have a point at which he realizes it's time to take a step back and reevaluate.

KneeDragger_c69 and Quicktoy like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

*cough*

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

At this point, I'm convinced his mother will step in.

Nic, Quicktoy and redtailracing like this.
  11. redtailracing

Mary Marquez? :D

scottn and pscook like this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hopefully he had a better surgeon this time who knows how to properly attach a titanium plate to bone so it won’t occur any damage. :D

cav115 likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well, that too. :D

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Remember the documentary in which she describes how she had to have "the talk" with him after he lost the championship to Lorenzo? :D

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Man, how bad did JLo screw up now that this happened?

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Shit, with the "I told you so" tone here, it would be more like Karen Marquez.....

cav115 and G 97 like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don’t take out your frustration about your A- grade towards me. :D

18. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I think Quartararo is going to do better than people expect at Brno. I agree with Simon in that we haven't seen his true pace yet because he hasn't needed to show it. If a Duc takes the podium, I'm still putting him on the second step. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bagnaia will be second best Duc, not Dovi.

1. Miller (if he can keep the shiny side up)
    2. Quartararo
    3. Pol
    4. Bagnaia

NemesisR6 and G 97 like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, I would love to hear that conversation. Only time in my life I’ve ever heard any disappointment in my Moms voice was when she found out I was racing again after breaking my neck and inner cranial bleeding after a bad get off.
    Moms are Moms.

No Mom jokes.

cav115 and BigBird like this.
  20. redtailracing

My comment was more a reference to some of the stories I've heard about how heavy-handed Mary Spies could be at times.