1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 17 The game

Discussion in 'General' started by 600 dbl are, Jul 13, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Anyone else pick it up yet?

First impressions: The game looks better than the previous versions. There are some spots where the frame rate drops (only at one corner of certain tracks). The game is harder than the previous versions. When I started my first career race (Qatar) I was up by some 3 seconds in qualifying. I finished the race in 5th putting down similar lap times in the race as I did in qualifying. That made me happy because I thought it was going to be the VR game all over again.

2. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

It's very similar to motogp 15, it's almost like version 2 of that game in terms of features.

It feels like there's some physics updates that give it a better feel. The sounds is a lot better, the looks are better. I agree it's harder. The AI will attack and take a hard pass up the inside, forcing you to fight back and repass on the exit. That felt really realistic. I was running in a group of 5 other moto3 guys and the whole race turned into a real battle, with crazy drafting and position swaps. I like the new AI a lot.

Although I've started on Hard mode because I haven't played a gp game in a bit, so it could change once I get back into the swing of things.

xbox live is still kind of a shit show

3. I've got it on order from the U.K. It shipped a week ago. I hope it is more like Ride, and less like the previous MotoGP games as far as graphics and gameplay.

4. I can't even play the VR game. You're either lapping people or the AI is smashing you off the track in turn 1. It gets old fast.

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Hmmmm, didn't realize it was out yet.

I love that the PS4 is region-free......

6. 600 dbl are

It's out in the states now. I downloaded it from the Sony market place. $49.99.

7. NemesisR6

Even better! Might have to stop by Gamestop on the way home.....

8. DirtTrackin221

DirtTrackin221 Well-Known Member

I remember when the original motogp came out for xbox 1 with the first version of xbox live trial. Man that shit was addictive. That and motoGp2 were the shit before they fucked it all up. Might get an xbox again for this and forza coming out soon. I had some freaking battles in forza 2 and 3 back in the day.

9. 600 dbl are

Let's not get started on Forza, my nerd side can only dish out so much. Forza 7 does look amazing.

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I even enjoy me some Forza Horizon 3. The scenery is actually very pleasant and it looks great on huge screens.

11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I will get it soon. Anyone else seen the preview for the TT game coming out in a few months?

12. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Got it yesterday, the management mode looks cool, there are a errors in the manager mode menus, organization stuff mostly. The 60fps frame rate is nice. If one is familiar with ride2 you can go ahead and put physics on pro and you won't have a problem, no surprises in control. Hoping I like it as much as ride2, really hoping the tt game is at least as good as the ps2 version.

13. NemesisR6

Picked it up a couple days ago.

First impressions:
    • 60fps if nice. Only occasional drops in frame rate when things on the screen get busy.
    • WAY TOO EXCESSIVE on the number of "cut-scenes" in between the action in Career Mode. I should have to hit "X" five times just to get onto the track.
    • Ralph Shaheen voiceovers! That shit got turned off immediately...............damn near took a sledge to the PS4 the first time I heard it.
    • Definitely more aggressive AI (at least compared to the last version I have MotoGP'15).
    • Engine sounds are MUCH improved, but it seems the sound balance gets a little confused when there are multiple bikes in the same area with you.
    • I play with everything maxed out (Pro physics and Hard AI) and can't run away in most races, and qualifying can sometimes really push you to be inch-perfect with your laps. Then again, so far this is only in Moto3 class so I'm hoping the Moto2 and MotoGP classes ramp up the difficulty with the faster, more challenging bikes.
    • Some of the texture pop-in is a little glaring at some tracks. Other graphical tricks like the "proximetry flowers" that are obvious during race replays at Jerez seem a bit lame. I get that's probably the way you get 60fps, but is can really take away from the immersion.
    • Character models still look terrible.
    • Haven't gotten into management mode or online racing yet.
    Overall seems like a decent upgrade, at least compated to MotoGP'15.

terminus est likes this.
  14. 600 dbl are

I am wrapping up a Moto 3 season in Manager Mode right now. What is interesting is the AI rides a Moto 3 bike like a superbike. Brake late, square the corner, fire out. This was frustrating in the beginning because in order to run a fast lap on a lesser bike you had to run high corner speed. If the AI get's in front of you, forget it, your rhythm is destroyed and they are checking out. The AI makes no apologies for aggressive, block passes. You can actually tell a massive difference in the upgrades to the bike, which is a big plus compared to the previous versions of the game. When the bike gets upgraded, you can brake just as late as the AI and aren't subject to the AI block passing unless you screw up the corner. What makes it fun is there is no relaxing. Screw up a series of corners and you pay for it big time.

Tips for manager mode: When you hire the second rider, have funds to set that riders crew to level three and always buy at least level 1 support to upgrade Throttle control, braking etc. This will allow the second rider to improve quicker, to make the team more money, to buy more bike upgrades.

15. NemesisR6

I'm noticing that in career mode races for sure. The AI brakes impossibly late, hence the reason they will block pass you with ever opportunity. If I try to brake when they do I blow the corner every time or risk overloading the front and lowsiding.

However, their mid-corner and exit speeds aren't as good, so usually its just a matter of rounding off the corner a bit more, using more speed and momentum to get back up the inside of them on the exit.

So far this has made for some GREAT finishes in Moto3, with many of them being battles of 5-6 riders into the last few corners of the race. MUCH better then the single-file processionals that would happen in MotoGP'15.

16. 600 dbl are

I just made the jump from Moto 3 to Moto 2 last night. Took all of 3 corners at Qatar to remember I cannot "ride" a Moto 2 bike like a Moto 3 bike :crackup: It was a high side that would have made Xaus proud.

17. NemesisR6

Yea, I made the jump last night too and Moto 2 difficulty seems to be much greater. If you get to the front and don't take defensive lines entering corners and be inch-perfect everywhere else, you WILL get swallowed.

18. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

XBox History question - MotoGP 07 - did they make the bikes as if they were the 800s or still like the 990s? Really asking if 06 would be a better buy from a racing perspective (I liked the 990s)?
    Obviously with Nicky on the cover I've thought about buying the 07. Just wanting to live in that magical year of 2006 :-D
    I've only played around with MotoGP2, a long time ago. Manged to find it a few minutes ago.

All this is in preparation to possibly get 15 or 17 on Xbox One.

19. 600 dbl are

I cannot remember if they were the 800's or the 990's. What I can tell you is that the level of "realism" is vastly improved over the older generation Moto GP games.

Ken Mcdonald likes this.
  20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I went full retard from Forza days and have had an iRacing sim setup for the past 6 years or so. The level of competition, series ladders and the ability to win more money than at your local electric go kart track :Poke: made it a no brainer.

May have to snag GP17 but Ride 2 got really boring to me after a few weeks.