MotoGP 17 The game

Discussion in 'General' started by 600 dbl are, Jul 13, 2017.

1. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Ummm, you know about this thread then don't you...????
    the-wait-is-over-need-help-from-the-iracing-gods-on-the-beeb.

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

3. Really enjoying this game. I'm about halfway through the Moto2 season. I like how the gameplay/graphics/etc are just like Ride.

The only think I don't like about it is how you can't modify the bikes. One of my fav parts of Ride is being able to change wheels, tires, pick out an exhaust, build the motor, etc. Just like IRL, modding the bikes is half the fun for me.

Which leads me to a question, what good are these "reputation points" you earn?

In Ride you use them to buy aftermarket parts and mod the bikes. But you can't do that in MotoGP, so what good are the points? What can you do with them?

4. 1. I LOVE how you can make people crash. :crackup: Its funny as hell to send people flying.

2. I HATE how it has little effect on the outcome of the race. I'm battling with Marcquez for the Moto2 championship, so in the 2nd lap (of 3) I got beside him on the straightaway (but all the way on the other side of the track), then swerved over real hard and knocked his ass out. Him and his bike went tumbling down the track; and I saw his little dot (on the minimap) go falling through the field as everyone went by him.

.........fucker still finished 4th in the race. WTF?

How does someone go flipping down the side of the track, then come back to finish 4th in one lap? :rolleyes:

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Dude it's Marquez. He is the Goat.

Don't you remember what he did in moto2?

6. This is MotoGP 17...so wrong Marcquez.

I'm referring to the one that probably has more DNFs than race finishes in his Moto2 career.

In real life he crashes more than Sam Loweside, but on the game he can be sent cartwheeling down the track while being passed by the whole field...and 1 lap later be back in 4th place.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

The crashers pick up just as the player contolled character would. The com fixes results to have the championship competitive, ao whoever the main contender is will move back to the front pretty quick.

Best to put a J7O move on them the last half of the last lap, last turn being the best because there isn't time to recover.

I've been playing on hard with realistic physics with tire wear. It's fun finding the best tire combo in qualifying. I'm about halfway through moto2, sitting 6th and podiumed the last three races. Ain't I just amazing?! Need to post a video of my PS4 dominance.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  8. Ahhh, I see. I didn't know the game would "self correct" to keep the championship close. Makes sense now.

Hell, I punted Luthi's ass twice in the same race, and he still finished 5th.

I'll just wait and boot his ass into wall in the last corner. :D

9. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

You could just race them fair....I know I know that's asking to much lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Yeah, slim chance of that. :D

I just cant handle losing. I do race them fair (in the first race). If I win, then I go on to the next round. But if I don't win, I can't keep going. It will eat on me too much.

One time I lost and kept on with the season, then it kept eating on me for hours. It bothered me during supper, then I couldn't sleep. At midnight I got up and had to restart. So if I don't win, I have to restart the race over and do it again.

Finally I'll just get so damn aggravated that I start punting motherfuckers.

MachineR1 likes this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Play managerial mode. You start of with a bare bones Mahinra. From there you task engineers to upgrade engine, brakes, frame and suspension. As you win and make more money you can hire staff and second rider. Graduate through the seasons and hire two man teams for the other classes.

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You've never heard the phrase "broomed" before have you?:crackup:

buzz-06 and Gorilla George like this.
  13. If I'm not riding the bike, I have no interest in it at all.

14. :crackup:

Rubbin's racin'. :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you claim the win every time you rub one out?

16. Without fail.

17. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Oh I've heard it, I know all about his refusal to lose, I remember the elliptical story. I can't say much cause I do the same shit, I just find it amusing.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. 600 dbl are

You still ride your bike. It's a manager/career mode. Pick one of three sponsors, pick one of three livery designs, choose three design colors, go race. It will even allow you to change the color of the rims to something other than black :D

19. Ohhhh, so you are still the one actually racing...it is just that you also get to decide how the bike looks, who the sponsors are, etc...rather than having to pick one of the current bikes?

Well shit. I wish I would have done that from the start. That sounds like what I want.

I thought it was more of a "sideline coach" or crew chief kinda thing, where you manage everything but don't actually ride.

20. 600 dbl are

That's exactly how it is. You hire crew, office peeps and trainers. Each hire has a specialty that gives you bonuses for each race. You start the manager mode with enough money to buy either the Peugeot or Mahindra. Pick a sponsor, colors and go race.