1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOAMERICA SUPERBIKES AT AT MONTEREY - July 7-9

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 4, 2023.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Northern Michigan. Population, 800.

:Poke:

Golf courses here in Minneshitholia are closing left and right. The tony outstate resorts are doing great AFAIK, but metro area golfers are losing playable courses.

With the way things are going I’m at least a year out from being able to swing a club anyways. :mad:

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep, they're driving to northern Michigan for better golf. And fyi we have 832 peeps here and that's why we like it here.

3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

We are talking about California and the land of fruits and nuts, right? And Monterey County is very nuts as my relatives that live there keep telling me. Here's a few great examples. I think it's Carmel where EMS, police, etc. want to add addresses to the houses, but people and maybe the historical society are fighting it because they don't the neighborhoods to lose their charm? There's a house where an old tree is very close to it and the homeowner wants to trim the branch so if it does fall there's no damage to the house. They want to trim a branch, and their answer was modify your house/garage/roof so it's not in the tree's way. Another homeowner had 5 non-native ugly trees in their yard and they cut them down. This pissed off the town, and they fined them 6 grand for doing that. A woman in Pebble Beach bought a house that was a POS and she wants tear down to expand it's size. The answer is no and anything you build must the same footprint and style. So, nothing that happens with Laguna in the future will surprise me.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Isn't that called urban expansion?

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I wasn't around then but I'll take your word for it. ;)

Re-reading I may have misunderstood the post I replied to, adding another course to an area already saturated might be a 2% increase.

Some may question the sanity of converting property to build another golf course so near Pebble and Spyglass. I doubt it would be a good idea, but I also know similar things have been done before. I grew up a few miles away from Pine Valley. There was a ski slope, Ski Mountain (actually no more than a 200' or so hill), adjacent to the course. After years of operation they added water slides to make it a year round revenue producing operation. Eventually closed, Pine Hill Golf Club designed by Tom Fazio was opened on the property. It allowed the public to play on a course that was cut from similar terrain as one of the Holy Grails of the game that only barons could play, and only if they had the right connections. That ended in 2009 when it was purchased by the Trump Org and renamed Trump National Philadelphia, now private.

6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

And a golf season that is 3-1/2 days long....
    :crackup:

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yep the course closes Nov 1st so I have to wait awhile before I can golf I guess, lol

8. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

So you golf in waist deep snow?

LOL

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Haven't you about global warming? We don't get snow until January