1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOAMERICA SUPERBIKES AT AT MONTEREY - July 7-9

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 4, 2023.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yep! I once picked up a gsxr 750 with a collarbone that was pureed to fragments. I did however a few seconds later almost vomit from pain,then proceeded to ambulance and faint.

YamahaRick likes this.
  2. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Adrenaline is a wonderful drug :D

He's saying you are a bit soft in a nice way :Poke:

3. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Yeah right. Pot, meet Kettle.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

IL8APEX likes this.
  5. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Ooooooh, Canepa going to turn this into the Pebble Beach of racetracks?

-T

6. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Or they may figure turning it in to golf course may make more money :)

7. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Ha! Canepa wouldn't have that. He's definitely hardcore motorhead, the driving force behind the Rennsport Reunion and the premier Porsche shop in the country, if not the entire World. We toured his facility a few years ago, and counted no less than 9 Porsche 959s in various states of restoration. Bruce Canepa knows how to treat a well-healed customer, if he wants a Premier experience at Laguna you'd better believe he will deliver.

Let's hope there's still room for us lowly motorcyclists in this new paradigm.

-T

5axis likes this.
  8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Golf courses are generally not doing that great on the money-making side of things these days.

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Ive been to enough county run facilities to realize this has to be a good thing.

10. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

The way I spend money at them they should be :crackup:

11. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

There's already a Robert Trent Jones designed course a spit away. $55 per person weekdays, $75 Friday - Sunday. $20 for a cart.

12. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

One more in that area is increase of maybe 2%.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

You obviously don't golf. Golf courses are jammed to capacity pretty much sun up to sun down to the point people are bitching about pace of play and tee time spacing. Golf courses are as profitable as they've ever been. Make more money than their land value in a desirable area? Maybe not, but operating revenues at golf courses are as high as ever, especially since the kung flu injected a bunch of fresh blood into the sport.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well, the reason golf courses are so crowded is due to so many of them being “reclaimed” for “environmental concerns” or becoming another group of shoddily constructed lipstick on a pig development homes.

The laws of supply and demand don’t handicap. ;)

16. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Not even close. There are at least a dozen courses within 15 miles of the track, including Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill, two of the best courses in the country.

17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I see golf courses closing down and HOA fees in communities with golf courses much higher than those without. A couple of them turned them into parks to save money. All amenities similar except for the course, which is extra cost. Those courses used to be for the members are open now because not enough golfers in the community anymore. Maybe it is a regional thing. Maybe it is a cost of real estate thing.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

The only course around me that has closed was because Amazon paid them a metric shit ton of cash for the land and turned it into a giant distribution center. The course had two 18 hole courses and the west course was sold. The east 18 is still there for now. That's an example of land value far outpacing profits from rounds of golf.
    HOAs higher than neighborhoods not on a course? No shit. If the neighborhoods have member privileges of any sort, that goes without saying. They would know that going in and most buy on a course because they play or like bordering a course.

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Huh? You need me to get you a tee time because it's pretty easy around here in northern Michigan's golf mecca

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

The Monterey peninsula has been a world famous golf destination since the early 1900s