1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOTOAMERICA SUPERBIKES AT AT MONTEREY - July 7-9

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Jul 4, 2023.

1. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Abusing track limits coming out of 11.

Daniel06 likes this.
  2. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

They must've been watching that closely. I only saw him touch the white triangle after the red/white paint not the green, but we don't see every lap. I remember years ago Elias was all over that green. Guess they cracked down. That's a good thing.
    Giving more runoff, paved but green, gives riders a chance to recover the crash, but you know they'll abuse it for faster times. :) So the penalties make since.

backbone likes this.
  3. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

Man, that third race was fun to watch. Herrin has climbed to a new level, Cam B. was using his big brain, and Gagne was riding the wheels off the R1 to stay in the draft. It is so fun having entertaining races in MotoAmerica again.

Oh, and 4 different manufacturers in the top 4! Go Richie!

-T

TurboBlew, DJ Baker, Circacee and 3 others like this.
  4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I think the pit stop was to keep the smaller displacement bikes closer. But, it has backfired l. The big bike has the most well funded team on the Super sport grid. Meaning, they are probably better prepared for a silly pit stop…that needs to go bye bye.

5axis, Circacee and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed seeing both MVD and Toprak commenting on the MA Instagram page this morning, both commenting on the racing. 4 different manufacturers up front, now that’s good stuff!

jd41, tophyr, cBJr and 6 others like this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Same here brother! It was also cool to see that @assjuice cyrus is also a real person!

JJJerry likes this.
  7. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

Wait!?! I missed him?? ;)

8. cu260r6

cu260r6 Well-Known Member

Richie Escalante is the most underrated MA and it's not even close. Turning near class leading times on a bike that hasn't been updated since Obama was President is remarkable. Get this guy a WSBK ride already!

jd41, L1MTD, Steeltoe and 6 others like this.
  9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Something clicked this year..

10. 418

418 Expert #59

So as mentioned earlier was the turnout poor or what?

It looked deserted comapred to all the other rounds this year.

11. Gino230

If I was told correctly, He had one, he started wearing it during races so that he could have it in place for post race interviews. But he crashed in a race with it in and it tore up his mouth. It was also destroyed and it was quite expensive.

I met them for the first time in Atlanta during a test before the MA weekend with Kaleb and crew back in 2019, they are a really nice family and I do believe Blake is the real deal. The N2 team are all super cool too, great combination.

MELK-MAN and TurboBlew like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, he's got a tooth to put in for pictures and such. mom hates that he doesn't have it in the winners circle :crackup:

13. Gino230

Corkscrew 2023.JPG
    I appreciate the confidence, but it may be a little misplaced. No excuses, I just didn't get it done this weekend. The bike never let me down, every change we made was for the better, I just wasted too much time in the cloudy, cold, damp session, and then the dry and sunny Q1 riding around like a squid. Frustrating because last year I was in the 1:37's and the best I did this year was 1:41.

On a side note, the track paving job sucks. There are more bumps than there were before the paving job, and there's at least 3 different colors and textures going on. Some of that is from the repairs post- car race last week. The seams are sharp and contain a camber change. Some of the ground down spots are ground all the way to the old asphalt. I would not be surprised if the whole thing gets repaved AGAIN. That said, the grip seemed to be ok, once the track got some more rubber down.

Twins were the first out on Friday and it was 56 degrees and misting. The lack of light and different pavement colors made it very tough to tell if it was wet or dry and I just wasn't willing to send it on the first session of the weekend. The harder tires and higher pressures made it tough too because we couldn't keep heat in them going that slow. Some guys got it done though- Parrish and the Italian Fillippo especially.

Short version is I wasted too much time riding unfocused and that is a cardinal sin in MA, where you have to go fast RIGHT AWAY and continue to build on that or you'll be left in the dust! I slacked off a little too much on my riding this year and it has shown- Life gets in the way sometimes- but you gotta put your reps in if you want to keep sharp.

On the positive side, I got a nice break from the FL heat, Improved my setup skills and notebook, got to watch some great racing, and had In-N-Out burger like 3x! :crackup:

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

You were at a track racing. That’s a winning weekend!

stk0308, MUFC1878, notbostrom and 3 others like this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He leaves it out in the winner circle just to mess with his mom:crackup:

assjuice cyrus and exracer941 like this.
  16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Gino,
    Had a good time talking to you and finally meeting you in person. Hopefully I will see you at another track soon.
    I didn't know you were there or I would of tried to find you, It usually goes well when I walk up to a pit area and ask who is the guy looking for assjuice....:crackup:

If you watched the supersport race, You could f seen running assjuice, as me and another guy ran from pit out down to pit in and pushed damit carl bike back after his incident. I thought I saw Jesus while running and am pretty sure I pulled a hammy.

JJJerry likes this.
  17. assjuice cyrus

When he won in Daytona. I found him and told him I just heard he was being protested, his faced dropped and thought I was serious. He asked me If I heard what the protest was. Yes, they say you have to race with all your teeth. :crackup:

18. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

:crackup:

Then I did see you. I was with the Wrench/ADR guys. Brenden Ketelsen was riding their R7. Say hi to Jesus for me

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's fucked up. You're going to hell.

20. assjuice cyrus

Will you be at the next round?