1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxx kicked out of the GNF?

Discussion in 'General' started by JamesG, Oct 16, 2004.

1. ranman

ranman Well-Known Member

For those who are too busy bashing Max and each other to read between the lines ....

Step back and look at all that is being said and the actions being taken ...

Here are some facts that are most likely of the politics of the issue:
    1) The Suzuki Cup's (US) are part of the GNF every year
    2) American Suzuki provides cash each year to help hold the Suzuki Cup's
    3) The <alledged> cheating took place in a World Event (Read Suzuki Motor Corp - which is the parent Company of American Suzuki)
    4) WERA took money form Traxxion(Max) and therefore HAD a business relationship with Max.
    5) WERA also recieves money from American Suzuki to hold the Cup's and therefore has a business relationship with Suzuki too
    (The Suzuki money is more than likely from World Suzuki/Suzuki Motor Corp in some form)

Who pumps in more money to support WERA?
    Even if WERA felt the actions of Max were not as severe as Suzuki felt that were.
    WERA may have had to make a decision based on business and what would be best for WERA and everyone who races with WERA. (read - what would you do if Suzuki 'suggested' to take the Money for the Cup's to some other org).

WERA did not ban Max from WERA events - he just can not set up as a vendor or give money to WERA to vend.
    If I read that correctly - he can still work as a mechanic for any racer. (So read between the lines if your able too)

Just my .02

Back to the regulary scheduled bashing

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

No, it is NOT my nature to forgive. It is my nature to sin. I just try in vain to turn from sin, and readily accept His forgiveness. I've been taught to forgive. Sin (or cheating) does not come without consequence. In this case, people not forgetting. Traxxion will undoubtedly lose business from this. But as for as I'm concerned, his punishment has been dealt with. He has apologized for his actions. It is time for you anonymous, faceless "Max-bashers" to move on. Don't tell the WERA world Max is "scum" and a "cheat" and then deny you're bashing him. I guess you have good reason to dislike Max, but for crying out loud... LET IT GO.

3. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Hey McCurdy,
    I am not interested in getting in a pissing contest with you. However, I don't understand the part that you are missing. I paid him once to rebuild the shock, get the "updated" valves. Rode on it for a while. Still, no matter what adjustments I made, I still had the rear end slippage and extremely stiff rear end. Not talking about a little bit, I am talking about getting yanked outta the seat multiple times in a race. I paid him again to rebuild it. I picked it up and it looked like it hadn't been touched but I had faith that it had. " Why would he not do the work and then charge me for it? What motive did he have?", I was thinking. Well a few months later, at Road A, I took it to Mike and he told me what the issue was. Max never touched it the second time and charged me for it. You make the call, but in my book, that is giving the customer a jolly good rodgering. :D

BTW, the tire problem I had was chunking, looked like severe cold tear, and I could never really get more than a couple sprints out of a tire. Solos were always a problem at the end.

Please understand that I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt at the outset. Until I found out the real deal. What's in question in this entire thread is Max's integrity. I think my personal experience is certainly pertinent to the thread. If it walks like a duck, smells like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Nuff said?

Oh BTW, I didn't burn the bridge. Max torched that sucker, not me. And that's all I'm gonna say about that <forest gump>

4. fat bloke

fat bloke Well-Known Member

its gone very quiet in here!

so wots the final word i think we all deserve to know....

mongo?

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

RRW

6. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

Can anyone clarify this question:

Ok--so Kent found the forks to be legal. What about the shock? Was that still illegal also?

7. fat bloke

im gettin a bit confused with the whole RRW thing now!

8. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

Nice editing fucko...

NO My editing.... :D :D :D :eek:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  9. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Copied blatantly from RRW:

"A week before the World Cup event, McAllister left a phone message for the parts manager of an AMA team, seeking to buy a set of stock 2004 GSX-R750 forks. The call was not returned."

Is anyone else seeing this as an attempt at premeditated cheating?

10. fat bloke

im seeing a suspension shop wanting to buy a set of forks from somebody they might get them cheap from!

hey ay never know!

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

it clarifies the mistake on the second set of forks in the RRW post.

12. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

Steve--I love ya bud, but that info was in the RRW article. Kent called them back and said he made a mistake

13. fat bloke

so after this from a wera employee lets see how much of it holds water?

offical word from world suzuki cup "no comment"

official word from suzuki USA "no comment"

offical word from RRW "GMD compared forks from another year model the perris forks were LEGAL after all"

official word from said wera official ""cheating dynamics should be the new company name"

is it just me or does something seem a little out of place here :)

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I am not an employee of WERA.

15. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

If you are going to quote someone, use the whole quote.

16. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

GMD only said the SECOND set of forks were legal. The first set were still modified. Nice ommision of facts :rolleyes:

17. fat bloke

ok paige heres a whole quote :)

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

The only thing in the RRW article that seems to be out of place according to Mongo is that Mike was not the person who inspected the first set of forks.

19. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

That is not completely acurate as well. Yes Kent mistakenly compared the stack to an 03 at first and it is different, but the forks and shock had been disassembled previous to Kent and that is not allowed per the rules of Suzuki World Cup.

Not bashing, just wanted to clarify our findings. I personally am sad to see this happen. I think it hurts everyone not just the party directly invloved

20. fat bloke

to be honest it woz only this part i found distastefull!

i told you these one make series were trouble :D