1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxx kicked out of the GNF?

Discussion in 'General' started by JamesG, Oct 16, 2004.

1. gixxer998

gixxer998 Well-Known Member

Funny stuff, Max screwed up the rear shock and needed a replacement one from one of Schwantz bikes. Glad I never sent my stuff to him. :clap:

2. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

If only Max would have been more careful...sneaks should be sneakier than that !!

3. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Are the sentences about Max trying to buy another stock set and the race being held with WERA new or did I just read too fast?
    If the WERA / World Cup sentence was there before then I made a mistake with my "didn't show a relation to WERA's reaction" post.
    And him attempting to buy a new set really clinches my personal opinion.

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

According to the article, there were TWO sets of forks that had been modified? So, he tried to cheat, then tried to cheat AGAIN? :eek:

I'm not condoning the personal bashing, but how can ANYONE defend this guy?:confused:

5. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

that just apeared..

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Huey and GrantMLS:

RRW sometimes updates articles without placing an "UPDATED" tag at the top of the article or link, so it is possible.

But I suspect there will be more changes or updates or other artilces about this issue in the near future.;) :D

PS How you doing Grant? Long tme no talkie!

7. Chip

Chip Registered

I can't believe the second set of forks and shock were illegal as well...................

It just does not make since that someone would be that dishonest, self distructive, or stupid..... :eek: :eek:

8. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

Had to get a real job which cut into my internet time.. but have been here long enough so i can go back to slackin.. Thanks again for the help... damn insurance companies!!

9. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Yeah I know. Just the replacement fork thing REALLY suprised / saddened me.
    And the other one was just poking fun at someone that thought I was a dick for my prior post.
    (Someone that probably has a lot of shit on their plate because of this so I can understand the frustration but sure as hell can't forgive what was said.)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Real jobs suck!! Glad I don't have one!:p

11. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

Because ... Friends forgive. :group hug:

:rolleyes:

12. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

It was only a matter of time before LDH started circling this carcass.

:D

13. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

No, you're all wrong on this one. Kent of GMD screwed up on the tear down by comparing the '04 shim stack to '03. They were legal after all.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I only have this to say on this matter.
    I'm sponsored by Traxxion. Martin works for Max, and rides my bike.
    Any time I had a problem, or question, Max is always there to help.
    I have not talked to him about this, and won't.
    I have no idea why Max would risk the bad publicity.
    If you think cheating does not go on EVERY race weekend, by someone, I have some swamp land for sale!
    I was in total disbelife when I heard about it at the track.
    Life goes on:)

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Where've you been, bitchboy...??? :D

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I be LURKING:p

17. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

So it's true.

This is a tough one to follow.

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Roadracing World first of all says that there were two sets of dodgy forks involved, then they say there wasn't. Mongo says that the first set of forks were examined by someone who never worked for Traxxion, then RRW says that Mike Fitzgerald supervised their dis-assembly. I guess the only thing that's certain in this is that someone tried to cheat, got caught and ended up losing credibility and business in doing so.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My thoughts exactly.:D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mike did not examine the original forks. I don't know if anyone checked the final set of forks or shock.