Marrietta Motorsports closing

Discussion in 'General' started by vfrket, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Thank all of y’all.
    This has been a really hard for not just me but everyone.
    On one hand I feel like a failure but in the other hand I know I’ve given my all and accept my “fate”.
    Who knows where tjos is going to lead me. I’m keeping everything open and my main goal right now is taking care of the customers who’s bikes I still have.
    We’ll see.

Thanks everyone for your words, encouragement and understanding. I sincerely appreciate it.

Amazing offer Rob. Thank you.

Don’t know about a master cylinder and I threw a scooter at Mark. ;)

ToofPic, panthercity, G 97 and 6 others like this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So just for grins, I thought what if Huey wanted to come out here and watch/race/wrench at the WERA race next weekend AAA speedway and stay a few days for some R&R.

Badaboom....Badabing... $203 roundtrip leaving on Thursday Feb 1st and going back home Thursday Feb 8th.

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from:Atlanta (ATL),to:Los Angeles (LAX),departure:02/01/2018TANYT&leg2=from:Los Angeles (LAX),to:Atlanta (ATL),departure:02/08/2018TANYT&passengers=adults:1,children:0,seniors:0,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass:economy&mode=search&origref=www.expedia.com
    Let me know and I will pick you up. You can drive your choice of two different POS vesicles. I have an old Buell Ulysses that hasn't been started in over a year or the previously mentioned BMW 5 series. I also have an old Toyota parts truck, but I had to drive that home about 8 months ago and seriously thought, if I were a 22 year old man looking down at my 53 year old self, driving this huge pile....... I would say wow, where did I go wrong and fail? :crackup: It came with the last forklift company I bought and we rarely use it, so it hasn't been upgraded.

I've had a few people crash here over the years, so don't feel guilty. The way I look at it is, S. Cal is almost a resort, with Disney and the great weather, why not share it with other people you like, it costs me nothing to share and for some goofy reason I like helping out others.

t11ravis, ToofPic, Scott S. and 2 others like this.
  3. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Let me get my bidness settled and I’ll
    Come out, service up that Buel and head up the coast and grab us some seafood for the grill!

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

You're a good man, Rob.

Sorry to hear about the shop, Huey. Hope it all works out.

5. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Loved the jokes before track days. If you weren’t so far away you’d had my regular business. I still owe you for that AA battery you wouldn’t take cash for. Still on my list for a payback, hope I still can. I’m sure many other riders feel the same. Best of luck with the next adventure!

6. Boman Forklift

Would love to have you out. If it is a time when I can ride too, I can borrow a cruiser from a friend and we can ride together, but I also get you might want some time alone to ponder what is next.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Never even as much as made eye contact with you, but when I was in college far before I was racing I had an R6 street bike and was scraping pennies together for parts.

I would always rush to the computer lab after class to hit the 1888fastlap.com classifieds to see if anyone had a smoking deal up for sale.

I'm in the SMB sector and have a deep appreciation for folks like yourself.

Best wishes to you and your family.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Im sorry to read this, Huey. I hope you the best in your next endeavor!

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Well I hope you were at least able to sell or use some of the sprockets I sent you a few years back as my Secret Santa present :)
    Good luck Huey

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Good luck Huey! You're gonna be missed....maybe not so much the jokes....:eek:

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Huey,
    I have been right where you are many times with my business
    And likely many more times to come.

Best wishes and luck to you

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I wish the best for you in your Future Huey... Hope to still see you trackside....

13. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Huey, you hooked my bike up with some great suspension work more than once. Your work at all the tracks was pride worthy! Thank you.

Wishing you great success in whatever you get yourself into next.

Cheers

14. flygirl

flygirl Well-Known Member

You didn’t fail. You helped a lot of people. Do not think that way. I seriously think the man upstairs has better things planned for you. Roll with it and think of it as a new adventure and stay positive!!

borislav, Gino230, R Acree and 2 others like this.
  15. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

Huey,
    It was always a treat to come to your shop, even though it was a while ago. I will never forget standing next to my R1 as you were tuning it and that chunk of tire rubber hit me on top of the head!
    Wish you the best

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey Huey, best of luck for the next chapter.

17. Boman Forklift

Now that I could read the article, why don't you consider selling it to another would be motorcycle shop entrepreneur?

Just because it isn't right for you and your family, doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. We all have different requirements for work and leisure as well as income. I have an employee that is 69 or 70 and retired. He works for me because he likes it, he is a motorcycle guy, and wants to do something instead of being bored at home. I pay him $12 per hour and he is happy and that's all he wants. If he wanted $20 or more, he isn't good enough to earn that with me, but he is worth what I pay him and sometimes he would even agree he is overpaid, since he makes more mistakes than he should. However, he has a heart of gold, and that is worth so much to me.

So, I don't know what a guy that took over your shop can pay himself, but there might be someone that would be happy with that amount? Plus it would keep the name going, if that mattered to you at all. I currently would not want to buy a motorcycle shop, but before I bought my forklift company, I almost bought a Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Polaris dealer and it was a smoking deal. It was in 1999 and I would have had a few good years before the economy tanked in 08ish.

panthercity likes this.
  18. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Do pull off I40 in Flag on the way. Free meal and tons of free ignorant advice. The mountain air up here is good for ya

19. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Seriously Craig, When a door shuts reopen it. Its a door, thats how they work. Back when you were Melis crew and I pitted with you in the MA paddock you did a great job. Even if you did threaten to pick up Nic and hit me with him.
    Some of us are simply key holders and others work for them. Review, Relo, Reload, and Reboot. Rob Linders is good people. I owe you one. There is this cool building right on Rt. 66... and there is a big winter race series hole in the paddock over in Desert Center for a guy like you.

panthercity likes this.
  20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I don't see failure here. You clearly had a positive impact on a lot of people as shown by these responses. You are just starting a new chapter. I never met you but I can see how well respected you are. So have fun finding your next adventure, and good luck!