1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marrietta Motorsports closing

Discussion in 'General' started by vfrket, Jan 26, 2018.

1. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I fully understand your pain.

Best of luck.

panthercity likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck!

Best of luck to Hooooooey. :)

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Sorry Huey. Hope another door opens as this one closes for you.

5. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

WTH? Thought this was one of the premiere shops in ATL area?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

NOMO MARMO
    :(

7. joec

joec brace yourself

Can I still get a marmo shirt? Man I loved that stupid video you guys made. And yeah, when Brandon said you were going to Macau I thought "wow, that's fucking cool!"

Good luck man. Never met you but followed your exploits here and I'm sure you'll land on your feet any place you go. Thanks for supporting us.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Huey?!?! So sorry to hear this but for the reasons you mentioned I cannot blame you. Good luck my friend, though we’ve yet to meet!

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Even though it's not my preferred place to get work done I hate to see anyone closes their doors. Best of luck Huey on your next endeavor.

baconologist and pscook like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Huey is my hero. Best wishes fella!

11. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Sad but totally understandable, all the best.

12. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Huey my man I'm sad to hear this but you are a great dude with golden hands, you'll bounce back. Will miss seeing you at RA!

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Damn it. Hate to see this.

Good luck Huey on the next endeavor, whatever it shall be.

Sent from a smatrphone

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Been wondering where he's been. Sorry to hear the shop has to close, hope everything else in your life comes up roses. :)

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Probably the most graceful exit from this industry ....

DrA5, panthercity and 418 like this.
  16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Huey, I never met you but I’ve seen you around and I know your reputation. I have to say I’m blown away by your candor. As a business owner I know the grind and I’d never fault anyone for not wanting to continue. I’ve been there and it can be rough.

However, not very many people have the balls to take complete ownership of failures that are at least partially out of your control, and to be as forthcoming as you are. It speaks to your character and bodes well for your future.

I know this is a low point and it might sound weird, but I can’t describe how much you’ve impressed me with your approach.

Best of luck with the next chapter.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Wow. Congrats on a great run, be proud of it.

Good luck in the future!

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Never met you but always enjoyed your posts here and what you’ve done for the sport. Best of luck on your next endeavor.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm still waiting for my 5\8" master cylinder. Just ask Brian Stokes.

Oh yeah I appreciate that wrench you threw at and hit my man Mark Z with.

Carry on.

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When I click on the link, it says the hookit site is down for maintenance. Owning my own business, being addicted to this forum, and just now making it on at 6pm at night, I understand how hard business is. I wish you well in the future. I've never met you, but consider you a great person, a racing friend, and hope for a great future endeavor.

If you need a small vacation, I've got a room I can put you up in for a week out here in California. Both my kids are gone, so we have extra beds, and you can bring your significant other, or rug rats to Disneyland, if that is something you can stomach. I can even hook you up with a few different POS motocycles you could ride while out here and "HOPEFULLY" not have to wrench on them.:D

Also, not that I need to sell it, but Orange County is pretty nice this time of year. If you come quick enough, I have an older 1998 5 series BMW, that was Tyler's "work" car you can drive. It cost me $1600, so it isn't special, but it is pretty amazing how nicely a $1600 POS can drive. I'm giving it to one of my employees, so act quickly.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018