1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That is true, I forgot about that. I wonder which one gets more outside help?

I remember when Ty raced, once we got off the mini’s and GP bikes and moved first to the SV, and then to 600’sm, it was amazing how much additional support people offered.

2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

yea stock 1000 folks get 3 races a weekend with superbike... id bet rocco stays put another year just because there arnt many options and it seems he wants to stay in the yamaha family.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. Boman Forklift

I have been out for awhile, so take this with a grain of salt. Talk with your local Pirelli rep. Back when we were racing, even at race winning expert club level pace fronts lasted a long time.

However at AMA events, if I tried saving money and running a used front during practice or beginning of qualifying it could screw up our setup. Because once we mounted the new tire for the race, he could push harder, and then he would blow through the stroke during the race, meaning a stiffer front spring was really needed, but my cheapness kept us from discovering that during practice or qualifying. We were always chasing setup because each track was new and he had never seen before that weekend, other than Miller.

Lenny Albin, RIP, taught me that I had to quit being a cheap ass at AMA rounds by sending Ty out on used tires at the beginning of sessions or for qualifying, figuring he could qualify well enough and then work through the pack with the new meats.

We only ran Pirelli for a short time, great tires, but when we switched to AMA I didn’t want to confuse Ty or myself with suspension changes, pressure changes, different characteristics, etc. so I have way more big bike Dunlop experience.

Gino230 likes this.
  4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Id be surprise if Jake Lewis goes back to stock1000, he just won it in 2021.

I also think running a stock1000 bike would be very comparable to running a good supersport bike like Rocco is doing.

Yamaha has pretty bad contingency for Stock1000, I think it is one of the reasons you dont see many people running them there.
    http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/contingency/

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It's annoying that Baggers pay more than most classes.

I think the biggest change we *may* see next year is the demotion of Jr. Cup. Right now it is treated as a semi-premier class. 2 races per weekend, they get Pridmore and Greg announcing, etc.

I would rather see 2 STK 1000 races and 2 Twins Cup races per weekend, those are the biggest classes by far, and draw more interest than Jr. Cup. Might be tough on the STK guys that choose to race SB Cup, though.

The BTR track day really needs to be moved to Thursday. They could do it during the track walk for extra excitement. This is all JMO of course, I have zero inside info.

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Btr on Friday and one Jr cup race Friday would open the schedule up a ton for sat and sun

5axis and kenessex like this.
  7. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Thanks for this!!

henry_carlson likes this.
  8. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

After what he did in Indycar I could not care less about RP.

9. Boman Forklift

Man I hate acronym’s, what’s BTR?
    • Baggers that race
    • Big twins racers
    • Bitchy twins racers
    • Bitches that race

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Build Train Race, its the royal enfield
    MotoAmerica has Baggers
    And there is another championship called BLR Bagger Racing League

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Thanks, I knew Royal Enfield had something going with Bree, but I didn't know the name of it.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Those RE actually look like fun.

13. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I've heard Hector is getting booted from BMW

I'm still waiting for the Graves Kawi rumors to come true.. Another manufacturer in the pits would be excellent.

Whoever said that Petrux will leave, HSBK will move Herrin to SBK, and then rage quit for 2024 is 100% on point IMO.

Dragginass likes this.
  14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Hsbk rage quitting is the typical MO for them.

I'd love to see graves back, but sadly I think that'll never happen.

backbone likes this.
  15. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Herrin has said he’d like to ride with a #1 plate so him back in SS wouldn’t be a surprise.
    But… neither would SBK

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Herrin on the SBK again?
    If HSBK wants to be champions I dont think thats a good move.
    Past few years he was on the Scheibe BMW, the Yoshi Suzuki and the Attack Yamaha. Unfortunately he was not a contender for the Championship and any of them, I find difficult to believe he would on the Ducati.

RobMac10 and drop like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Can’t argue your logic at all. I can see Josh wanting the SBK ride. Petrucci probably cost the team more and couldn’t get it done, so I can see why this would appeal to them.

Won’t this be the first rider ever to last more than a year there?

backbone likes this.
  18. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

If HSBK wants to win in SBK I would say PJ is the best and easiest option... Him and AB19 can probably use the same setup.

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

20. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not