1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

What do we know for next year?
    Scholz is with Westby again.
    Peterson is with Attack again.
    Alexander is with Tytlers again.
    Rodio is going to Twins.
    Cody Wyman is out of JR cup.
    Kayla is out of MA?
    Cam B is in at Tytlers?
    M4 will be back in Supersport and Superbike, riders unknown?

2. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

I was looking forward to the start of this thread!

Hope we see a few more superbike riders this year. The grid is trending in the right direction.

3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

RUMORS!
    • M4 is up in the air:
      • Apparently Lochoff and Scott are free agents and Lochoff may be moving up to superbike or abroad and Ty is a very coveted rider that people want to poach from M4
        • In related Silly Season BS, MaxVan rode the m4 750's this past Monday but weve seen this before and it isnt a true indicator if that person will take the ride next year IMO
      • In terms of Superbike, JP Prid said "there could be some sweeping changes there for the better for that team, which would be great for Chris U...." NO CLUE! Watchout @Steeltoe , they may ditch Suzuki haha!!
    • PJ and Hector had 1 year deals, so they are in Limbo and PJ is rumored to be moving to BSB. Pj wrote a nice IG post stating he wants to return but who knows.
    • Schiebe has the same old what questions: do they stay, do they get a new bmw, do they get a new brand, or do they run it back?
    • Blake Davis may move to SS but is forsure staying with N2, I wonder how he did this past Monday
    • Rumors of a second Ducati SS team coming over (was on Laguna Mike on the Mic idr the names, some foreign guy)
    • Sean Bice mentioned that he thinks Gloddy may take over Herrin's Ducati Seat IF Herrin to full SBK is a go
    • Petrucci is either retiring or coming back - he wants massive team changes
    • Gagne has a contract with Attack next year
    • Disrupt stock 1000/sbk hybrid bike is rumored to be a full sbk next year
    • Joe Limandri is trying to move up
    • Rocco and Stony approached Attack for a Superbike deal but it was not able to be funded, tech support was offered. When recently asked, Rocco said he was focused on SuperSport but that was during the year. He is always so cagey when asked about his plans.
    • Apparently Robem is dying to get an Ape in Superbike
    apparently the new transmission rules with neutral lock out were approved for SBK and the 23 calendar is supposed to drop this week, VIR may not be on there and Barber may not be the last round per rumors

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
    MELK-MAN, 418 and Namarow like this.
  4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Disrupt had two separate bikes for Gillim, one was a Stocker and one a Superbike. Maybe it didnt have all the bell and whistles some of the bigger teams have it, but definitively had enough stuff to make it illegal for Stock1000.

5. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

sub'd

6. henry_carlson

i think thats what they are trying to get, a true bells and whistles superbike for 23! not sure if they'll do double duty again

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Where is Kayla going? I heard Europe but nothing specific

8. henry_carlson

From her IG - Big thanks to @yamahamotorusa for selecting me to represent the USA in the World Superbike BluCru 300 finale.
    It’s a non points championship race where each country selects a rider to represent them during the World Superbike weeknd at Portimao and winners get a world ssp300 ride.
    I have realistic expectations as most if not all of the riders have been there. Its a bike I haven’t ridden in over a year and I’ve never been to this track. It’s a very technical track and we only get two on track sessions before we race so I just want to progress each time out.
    I can’t wait!
    We leave next week, on track 10/7-8.

9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Whoa! No VIR?

Wish they'd run it back at Indy.

R/T Performance and Monsterdood like this.
  10. henry_carlson

Apparently they gave the date to something called hyperfest, think its cars! Indy would be cool too, I was bummed I missed that round a few years ago but again they want cars. This is from Sean Bice on the discord - "The decision about not going back to Indy was made by Roger Penske, who said he wanted to focus only on four-wheel racing. We were interested in going back, but he didn’t want us back, unfortunately. At least that’s what my understanding of the situation is."

11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Being during the heart of COVID and how well is motorcycle races listen to rules seems to have played a part in him not wanting motoamerica back.

12. henry_carlson

oh wow, really!? thats wild haha, I kinda thought his end game was Moto Gp so when COTA got reupped, his track's homologation expired, and he didnt get a date he bagged the whole thing

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Odd, I've heard from people who work there that he likes bikes and would like the GP back once they get some upgrades and such done.

14. noles19

Well from multiple friends there Penske was personally going around yelling at people for not wearing masks and not staying in their own garage like they were told to so that probably doesn't give him the warm fuzzy feeling.

henry_carlson and Circacee like this.
  15. noles19

I have heard that also

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His being pissed was in most part I believe not wanting to be shut down by the state.

Senna likes this.
  17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Indy is awesome. Safe track, 1st class facilities, and plenty of lodging available close to the track. Roger Penske himself walked into our garage and was bitching about us not wearing our masks. I think MA would go back in a heartbeat if they were welcome.

Monsterdood and henry_carlson like this.
  18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

yep. health dept officials were on site.

19. noles19

Absolutely he was justified in being pissed off at people choosing not to listen but also wanting to be there to race.
    He probably had every eye possible on him at the time so the rules not being enforced by motoamerica could definitely sour that relationship is my point.

20. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Wonder what would replace it?