1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

while I agree he wouldn’t be a contender immediately (although I’d like to see that)

you do know he was an actual Superbike Champ right? Maybe I misread.

but he beat Hayes in his prime which we all know, Hayes will always be in his prime.

Trainwreck and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

https://www.motoamerica.com/21-in-21-josh-herrin-phenom-turned-champion/
    Dont recall him really beating Hayes. Herrin won that championship from all the start penalties given to Hayes.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Kayla was on the podcast and it sounds like she is moving up to twins next year but she didnt fully announce what. Also seems like at this point that is the plan for gus rodio too

koth442 likes this.
  4. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I was there, and got yelled at. Penske track rules were different from MotoA rules and so riders were confused. Indy didn’t have any official releases, and basically it was Roger running around acting like an Ahole to everyone who didn’t follow rules he never told them about.
    I lost respect for him

MELK-MAN and drop like this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

So the team that fields Tommy Bridwell has officially said farewell to him after 4.5 years. And this is the same team that Petrucci was rumored to be going into BSB with.

Although I warmed up to him later in the season, watching '21 season SBK races it was amazing the attitude difference between Baz and Petrux.

Bring the frog back.

6. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Tommy looks to be partnering with Glenn Irwin at PBM Ducati.
    Brookes is gone to join Hicky on the BMW, and Sykes apparently is back on a privateer Kawi in WSBK.

418 and stk0308 like this.
  7. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

I just want HSBK to have the same rider two years in a row. At this point IDGAF who it is.

8. younglion

I know hindsight is what it is but I think (like most others) that data, setup, and experience account for more than all out talent so if they kept Baz or Danilo for 2-3 years then it would easily offer them a 'Ship or two vs "next!!!" ever year.

koth442 likes this.
  9. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

BSB is WIDE open for seats.

Where is Bradley Ray going?

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ha!!!!!!

Like that will ever happen!

backbone and lopitt85 like this.
  11. backbone

backbone scarred for life

No kiddin'. I don't know WTF goes on over there but something is screwy with that team. They either suck and have tons of $$$ to make up for sucking or ....................?

12. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Keep in mind HSBK / Ducati thing, all is supplied by Ducati depending on the size of check HSBK writes. Bikes, spares, technical support, etc. Is why Ducati flies engineers in for each round and still pays some US based guys to be on the team.
    Ducati even decides what riders that they want to send over. First was Zanetti, then Ducati dumped Z for Baz ( who then decided to return to WSBK on BMW ) and in '22, was Petrucci that Ducati talked into coming over.
    All part of the package price and yes, it did cost HSBK a bit more to cover DP9 obviously. But heard Ferracci helped with some of that extra cost.

Shenanigans likes this.
  13. younglion

I think that's all pretty much common knowledge but the armchair quarterback in me thinks they are much better off signing the next big thing to a TWO YEAR deal - not these one-and-done's.

stk0308 likes this.
  14. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Man, if DP9 had a problem with the tracks here in the USA, I cant wait to see his reaction when one of the Irwin boys send him into the interlock foam at every other round. LMAO.

BSB was fucking incredible this year. (every year) watching those guys give it all on bikes that want to actually hurt you is always a sight.

I'm bummed that Rory Skinner is moving into Moto2. (although i am really happy for him) I loved watching him on that Kawi. His style was so much different than everyone else. His bike always seemed set up really soft and it would be wiggling around everywhere. When they'd have his onboard with the forks in view it seemed like he was bottoming out faster in every braking zone. Kid made it work though.

CR750 and 418 like this.
  15. Yama-saurus

Fixed it for ya..... Glenn ain't that way.. :D

Steady T and Circacee like this.
  16. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

You are very right, Glen is much cleaner... IIRC weren't they both pretty damn rowdy in 2020 when Andrew and Glenn were on the Blades?

17. Yama-saurus

Yup, Glenn was trying to develop the new bike and it bit him a few times, TBH.
    Andrew was just....... well, Andrew and still is. If he'd just stop "trying" and just ride the bike, he's be alot better, faster and cleaner.

18. Circacee

Fuck yes they were, that's what got me into BSB in the first place. Those Honda's, their kits, the whole thing.

19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

VIR is out, confirmed by sean bice :(

20. Circacee

Any idea on what will replace it? I wish they'd go back to Sonoma but it is in desperate need of a repave.

Peter Hively likes this.