1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losail, Qatar | MotoGP 2011 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Mar 17, 2011.

1. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Or maybe the Duc really is a big pile.

2. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

Edwards post quali interview is nice :)

3. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Any bets on if Ducati goes back to the trellis frame? Thing seems to be going backwards with that Carbon frame...

4. x46TheDoctorx

x46TheDoctorx Active Member

I hope they do. This is embarrassing, but I'll hold judgement till after the race tomorrow.

5. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Or maybe he's just lacking some serious power and endurance in his shoulder. Rossi is only .67 seconds slower then Stoner has ever gone on the track without qualifying tires.

It's not like Ducati can try a bunch of different things and modify the carbon bits on the fly like other teams. I doubt over testing they got enough information to really find an idea of what to do with the carbon not-a-frame, make new molds, and mold up new ones, and cast new engines, or had anywhere near the time to do all of that.

Probably why Nicky is still on the bits of carbon designed to flex more, even though it's clearly not working. Chances are they know they're going to be behind the ball for a few rounds until new stuff can be made up, why not make the best of your time and get more testing in to have piles more data and then be ahead of the game come new parts?

6. quit trying to make sense out of this. Get on the bandwagon.The bike is garbage, Rossi is done, give stoner the championship.

7. Demented

Shit, I forgot what site I'm on. My mistake.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

+1....no money for more developement:Poke:

9. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Stoner was close to 7/10ths faster than Rossi this time last year without Qualifiers. They have not used Q's since 08, when Lorenzo had lap record of 153.927. Stoner is close to that figure on race tires.

10. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Lets start over... :)

11. Demented

Isn't that what I said?

12. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I bet stoner crashes.

13. Demented

14. joec

joec brace yourself

ouchie...booboo...

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

is speed showing this live or tape delay?

16. joec

joec brace yourself

live...but i hear there is truck qualifying on right after....

17. Demented

Should be tape delay. If I recall, only BBC has the rights to show the race live.

18. joec

joec brace yourself

just to be clear....i know zero. but ive never seen one live on speed.

19. Kurosaki

Kurosaki (^_^) (-_-)

It's only the first race... If they figure it out by round 4 or 5 or whatever, then cool. May not win any title this year but it's not like Rossi and/or Hayden are going to running around way back there all season just from the first round's results.

20. Kurosaki

Kurosaki (^_^) (-_-)

A lot (most?) of last season's races were live. And there was a delayed showing later in the day as well.