1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losail, Qatar | MotoGP 2011 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Mar 17, 2011.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And it fills the gap in the skyline...

2. caferace

caferace No.

What's ridiculous about it? Re-read exactly what I said (it really wasn't a complex sentence) and see if you can puzzle out why it might be the case.

-jim

3. I understand what you said, and I understand what you insinuated. You are wrong. Just because they don't have to pay Rossi doesn't mean anything. They still want a sponsor just as much as they did last year.

4. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

How do you know this? Isn't this a big anniversary year for Yamaha? Maybe they have plans that don't include a sponsor who would want things "their" way.

I could also be wrong.

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

They were going to get a Burger King sponsorship? :D

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Moto2 race was mediocre.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup: :up:

8. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Can't wait for those 1000's to be on the grid. Getting other manufactures involved will have to help.

9. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Petronas's funding is only paying 8 million euro this year, which is Lorenzo's salary. Bike costs, running costs, travel costs, spare parts, R&D, Ben's salary, and the salaries of everyone else in the garages is coming straight out of Yamaha's pockets.

Anniversary year and maybe having something special planned or not, that's not a wise financial decision by any company when they could have a sponsor paying for things.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Didn't Ben say in the off season that they'd definitely like to have a sponsor, but they'd continue without one and that he was assured not having one wouldn't affect their plans for the year?

11. Demented

I doubt no money would affect their plans. Yamaha probably has way too much pride to not be out there trying to prove they don't need Rossi and Burgess.

12. So they are going to turn down multi millions because its an anniversary year? They still get to run their own livery a couple times a year, even with sponsorship.

13. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Yamaha needs more speed sponsored or not.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I missed this post yesterday. Bitch please! I'm not getting into a racing discussion with this guy…

[​IMG]

But you might want to carefully consider who you bet against. :D

15. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Having traditional Yamaha livery on the bike is good marketing for their 50th anniversary. Marketing budgets are generally pretty big and could easily fund a MotoGP team.

16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I thought that was pretty funny until I saw the editor.

That's when I dropped the fucking laptop....

17. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Done a lot of marketing budgets have you?

18. Demented

Maybe if they cut out 100% of advertising and use that on racing MotoGP only, but don't forget, they can't find sponsors for WSBK either.