Legalize it!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by (diet)DrThunder, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

I'll agree that it is probably more potent, but as dangerous as crack. To quote half baked "Have you ever seen anyone suck a dick for some pot?"

I don't in any way think you ere agreeing with pot being ass dangerous as crack, just using your post to point out the stupidness of people saying that this Kush is as dangerous as crack.

2. Ganja Dude

Study: The ‘gateway drug’ is alcohol, not marijuana

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Did I miss it? I don't recall any one stating that alcohol was not a gateway drug.

I believe that alcohol as a legal substance in the "first" hit. It has its draw to those under the age due to the restriction.

Marijuana by default is the gateway to the hard stuff. By default due to it being illegal but yet easily accessible.

It can be argued that to some extent prescription drug can also be a gateway if not to other drugs, to addiction.

However, I do think that we need to exercise caution with respect to any definitive statement. We are quick to generalize.

We must also not forget the individual. It is not every one that gets hooked. We know people that:

drink but don't smoke
    smoke (cigarettes and/or marijuana) but don't drink
    smoke cigarettes only when they drink
    eat brownies only when they smoke:D
    and that is just but a few scenarios

In the end it is about liberties, liberties to drink, to light up while not encroaching on the liberties of those that do not.

4. Ganja Dude

Carlos not here(BBS) necessarily, but MJ has always has been and by lots of people still is thought of as being the "gateway" drug. I'm guessing that it goes back to the reefer madness days and has just stuck. I still see people that even today (saw it somewhere today actually) that still say that MJ is the gateway drug.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

MJ is a gateway in a couple ways (IMHO). First someone interested in experimenting with any drugs is going to be at least slightly more predisposed to experimenting with more than one. Second,frequently contact with vendors and users puts you in closer contact with people that would be involved in using other substances.

Same could be said for alcohol, but it does not have the stigma of being illegal.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

...they argument can be made that both are. I think Acree summarized what I was trying to say.

:FL: Well said.

The illegal part applies to the under crowds and it is enticing or the same reason.

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country." -Thomas Jefferson

"Oil is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country." -Jimmy Carter :D He would not have lost if he so thought.

8. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

How high were you when you wrote this?

9. Ganja Dude

Completely sober, can't type worth a shit and lots of things always sound better in my head than they do when I write them out whether I am high or straight.

10. Ganja Dude

I can agree with your logic, but as has been said many, many times before if pot wasn't illegal people wouldn't have to go to a drug dealer who is going to try and get them to try stronger things.

The other thing is that when kids do try pot and realized they were completely lied to about the dangers of it, then lots of them figure they are also being lied to about cocaine, meth, heroin, and other drugs.

To me that sort of proves the point of the article since people don't have to deal with drug dealers to get alcohol, yet they still want to try harder drugs after trying alcohol.

11. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Licensed dealers. My first job out of the Army was working for a drug distributor. We carried liquid cocaine.:D

12. Ganja Dude

Of course under federal law cocaine can be legally prescribed by a doctor, but not the devil weed.

13. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Stop smoking it and patent a liquid form you fool. Btw I am really ignorant with respect other than what you post here. Prior to that, I took my cue from Mr. T.

14. Ganja Dude

Whats really sad/crazy is that the synthetic form marinol is legal for medical use. Everything I have ever seen from anyone that has used marinol though says that it is no where near as good as the natural form when used for medical.

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I will take your word.:Poke:

I am not surprised. Pharma wins.

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's not. My info is partially firsthand, part anecdotal from someone who had been through hell with chemo and couldn't stand the paranoia induced by Marinol. I tried one of his pills, since he wasn't using them... that shit SUUUUUUUUUUCKED!

Without getting all technical, there's another cannabinoid called cannabidiol (CBD). Marinol doesn't have it. Strains with higher CBD/THC ratios are preferred for medicinal MJ.

So, yeah, pharma wins even with a grossly inferior product.

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Although I have never been a big user of pot I do remember how pot was associated with all, or most, of the other harder drugs in the early days when pot was first labeled a "gateway" drug. It's real gateway characteristics was because of the fact that one had to go to a drug dealer to buy it and that dealer also had other more profitable drugs that he would try to graduate a pot smoker to. If he could get you hooked on other hard drugs then he had a customer for life. (Usually your life for as long as it lasted):up:

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Isn't it sad that even though some are trying as hard as they can to get pot legalized, and accepted as a legitimate substance, they also have to deal with the old style pot heads coming out of the woodwork to "help" get pot accepted.

If they could get that dumbass to take off the skirt and put on a coat and tie at least he would look respectable and legitimate.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Personally I don't give a shit what he wears. To each his own, but you're exactly right. Probably not the greatest spokesman to reach out to the middle of the road type of peeps that don't really care one way or the other. A great poster boy for the anti-pot folks though.