1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legalize it!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by (diet)DrThunder, Dec 13, 2007.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

It is the very height of absurdity that alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't. Imagine the revenue streams we're missing out on!

There is no good reason for pot to be illegal. None. We can't even go down the "where do you draw the line" road, because we've already done that by drawing the line at booze.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Absolutely, legalize it and tax the the hell out of it. They'll pay whatever price it takes. Just look at what people pay for cigarettes.

Where is the harm? For the record I have yet to hear of someone "drunk on pot" crashing into a family on the highway. It makes no sense at all to be illegal. A pothead is about as harmless as it gets. How many calls does a cop answer that involved a "raging pothead" on the loose? Give the struggling farmers in the US a crop that will actually make money for them. Everybody wins.

3. Jefe

Jefe Wannabe

Yeah? Well what about the whole "slippery slope" argument? :Puke:

It's not a war on marijuana, it's a war on those who smoke it, Blacks, Mexicans, non-conformists.

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Are you fucking kidding me??

I grew up with a family (step-family actually) of potheads and they are about as bad or worse than alcoholics. I have done it myself as well and quit that shit in high school a long time ago because I saw what it does to people. I couldn't even imagine driving a car after smoking weed.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's a war on Willie Nelson. Free Willie!

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Hmmm. Legalization WOULD help me realize a lifelong goal of riding space mountain with a buzz.

7. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

:crackup:

8. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Dupont would never stand for legalization.

9. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

From the few times I have been high, I know for a fact that there is no way in hell that I could drive a car.

10. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

i always knew you were a pothead Focker!!!:beer:

11. nig

nig Well-Known Member

Yes, at the very least decriminalize small quantities of marijuana for personal use.

Personally, I think the people who say it's not that bad are just pissy potheads :D I've seen it bring people down something mean. Have to smoke a bowl in the morning when they wake up, get upset when they don't have their "medicine," spend an inordinate amount of time searching it out instead of handling other life issues, end up going to bad 'hoods and getting involved with bad people to get it.

But it's no worse than alcohol...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007
  12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

If it gets legalized, I'm buying stock in whatever company makes Twinkies. :D
    I'll be rich, beeyotch. :crackup:

13. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

My step father, both step brothers, and many many friends from high school started out as simple pot heads. My step father, both step brothers, and many many high school friends have since spent time in prison and moved on to much, much things like stealing to support their drug habits, DUI's, drug sales, etc.

But hey, it's not that bad, let's promote it! :rolleyes:

14. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

Da man is just keepin us down:D

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No offense, but my brother is an alcoholic. What is your point?

I had friends start and stop with pot. I had friends start with pot and move on to frying their brains. I had friends drink until it killed them without ever touching anything else.

An addictive personality will have a problem with any substance.

16. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:stupid:

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Someone please point to an instance where the perp or driver was "high on marywanna". Links please. Nothing close to the impact of a raging alcoholic. So how exactly is weed worse than akkyhall? And yes, an addict is gonna get high on paint fumes if they have too. We're talking about legal for personal use just like cigarettes and akkyhall.

18. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

None taken...

Just illustrating that I've seen it first hand and not read about it on some website somewhere. I agree that addictive personalities have problems with any substance so lets not give them another legal alternative to destroy their lives and the lives of others just to make a few bucks in tax dollars.

19. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

:up:

it's all about accepting personal and individual responsibility for one's actions. if you can do heroin and it doesn't affect those around you, go for it...I need to have my Mt. Dew or there's hell to pay. to each their own.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

An arguement could be made that making pot illegal placed persons with addictive personalities in close proximity merchants selling wares that are substantially more damaging. Legalization may well serve to remove that from the equation. One thing for sure, we've been waging a war on drugs that makes the war in Iraq look like an unconditional surrender with many, many more lives lost.