1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobe Leather suit package deal LIMITED TIME

Discussion in 'Other' started by gpracer15, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Slowestrider

Slowestrider Well-Known Member

Are those suits with hard plastic CE armors or soft ones like the Kusitani suits?

2. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Is the soft armor CE? The website said they have CE armor. Dunno if thats hard or soft though.

3. DaddyPhatSaks

DaddyPhatSaks Well-Known Member

I have the Misano, two thumbs up!

[​IMG]

4. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Leathers have the CE foam type padding as well as the hard plastic in the
    contact points (knees, elbows/forearm, and shoulders).

This is what I saw on my Carbon Star this am right before I rushed out the
    door for work. If you need me to double check other areas please contact me via PM. There is also CE foam in the back area.

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Thanks for all the orders!

6. SakiSake

SakiSake Member

Got my set faster than I ever thought possible lol. Suit looks amazing!!! Im 6'1" 189lbs, I have a 46. Its snug up top (w back pro), great length, slightly loose in the legs but nothing to complain about and extremely comfy. Gloves and Back Pro are awesome...the gloves especially, I slid them on and not only are they a great fit but they feel nice on the hands. Back Pro is sturdy and flexible, also comfy for the vented pad the vertebrae are attached to. 110% Spectacular deal. Hands down best suit I've owned.

=D

Mike

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Glad to hear Mike. Feel free to spread the word around elsewhere. You dont have to be a race to get this deal just act on it before its gone. I will continue to provide people with good deals on the Kobe line so dont lose my contact info! :up:

8. SakiSake

SakiSake Member

U got it Chuck! Rock on!!

9. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

Hello. Scott of Kobe leathers here. If you have any questions about fitting, colors, inventory or anything else you can think of, contact me at 706-654-5623 or [email protected].

This special of gloves, leathers and back protectors is a limited time offer, so get them while you can.

We are rebuilding our Kobeusa.com website. It should hopefully be up and running in Sept. 2010.

For easier access to the Kobe information:
    Kobeusa will be placing a logo/link in the links section of WERA once Rusty is done updating the site. Hopefully within the month. We will also have a banner ad installed in Dec 2010 for the 2011 season.

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Why buy used when you can buy new !!!

:up:

11. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Wow, thanks for all the purchases guys! Im glad to be apart of this deal:up:

12. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Scott + Kobe = Winning Combo

I purchased my Carbon Star suit, gloves and back protector from Scott a couple months back. Didn't get to make the Atlanta race but did take the Ed Bargy school at Talladega a week ago Friday. Scott helped me with sizing and the suit fits like a glove... very well! Nothing loose or baggy. Keep getting told I look like Robo-Cop :D I'm at the bottom side of 5'8, 135 to 138 lbs (marathon runner) and am wearing a Size 38 suit. Like I said, snug and nothing baggy. This was to be my first time on a track... ever! And Scott went waaaayyyyyy out of his way to make sure I had everything I needed to be safe on the track. And at an extremely affordable price. I was going to buy used, but why buy used when brand new wasn't much more AND I got the perfect size and color in suit/gloves/back protector? Scott also stayed in contact with me after shipment to make sure everything was received and in-order. Good gosh, I'm going on 45 years old and can't remember the last time I received quality customer service like I did with Scott over my Kobe gear. I am an actual customer and no one put me up to writing this post. I'm just very impressed with the service and the gear! Glad someone out there has our backs! :beer:

I'll be making another racing attempt at Barber the weekend after Labor Day. Finally received my permanent bike numbers (switching from 55 to 670). It's the Navy SeaBee's bike. If you have any questions about the Kobe gear, feel free to stop by and ask. Then I'll send you on to Scott so he can help you out as much as he did myself :up:

13. r6dubois

r6dubois New Member

Is there any sizing for big pleasantly plump guys?

I'm not tall, 5'9" on a good day
    245lbs. 40" waist with a belly

Do sizes go that big?

Thanks.
    Steve

14. nomad600

nomad600 Well-Known Member

Where's all the womens suits!?!

I've heard good things about Kobe, but I guess I'll never see for myself. :(

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Call Scott and he can verify if there is a suit that will fit.

No womens specific suits but maybe we can fit you based on your size. Please call Scott for fitments.:up:

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Randy, thanks for the kind words. Scott is the man when it comes to fitment and customer service.

Im very please to be able to put this together for the racers or enthusiast out there so please spread the word.

If you go to the GNF at Road Atlanta in October look for the Kobe banner and my bike. I have a 95 Green and black Kawasaki 600 with white plates and 115 on them.

17. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Chuck,

not sure if I'll make it to Atlanta but if I do I'll definitely look you up. I started reading threads here in the WERA forums earlier this year when the thought of putting a bike on the track was still in it's "am I really going to attempt this" stage. Did a lot of reading about what worked/didn't work for the racers. Did a lot of comparision shopping (new and used) before chosing Kobe gear. Also read a lot of your comments in the threads. Didn't mean to leave you out when I posted yesterdays response. Looks like you've been a long time supporter of helping out the riders here. Kudos Chuck, you rock! :rock: I'll be looking for you at the track sometime.

I'm not a salesman. What I am is a middle-aged guy that put a motorcycle on the track for the first time a week and a half ago. Ending up with yourself and your motorcycle on the ground is a risk we all take and a large possibility when pushing the limits as we do. After what I've read about some of the "middle of the road" or "cheap" leather suits out there... I'm very comfortable in the Carbonstar suit/gloves/back protector I wear. Well constructed suit, comfortable suit, economical suit, awesome customer service (thank you Scott)!

It's pretty simple, really. When I'm trying to concentrate on all the braking points, turn points, finding and riding my perfiect line and also pushing the corners to the best of my ability (which is still pretty slow right now)... it's a very reassurring feeling when leaving the track, pulling into the pits, put the bike on the stand, sit my tired and worn out butt in front of a fan to cool off, and then realize not once did the thought cross my mind about getting skinned up (if in a crash) because I wasn't protected enough by my gear. One less concern to take out of the equation!!!

Those of you looking for a suit (and gear), do the research yourself. Talk to lots of folks in the forums here. Even better, find some of the racers that have been downed on the track and ask them "how well did your suit hold up?" And then ask them "how much repair had to be made to the suit after the crash?" You'll be amazed at how many people tell you they had suits that literally fell apart. Then see if you can find a suit, other than Kobe, that will give you a better "bang for your buck".

I have not had a crash...YET! If and when I do I'll be the first one on here posting my feedback on how the Kobe leathers held up. As for now "I have a lot of faith in what I wear". I'll get a pic posted on my personal page of myself at Talladega in Kobe leathers. Kinda give you an idea of fitment and design on a non-model ugly guy :D

18. dexxx

dexxx Active Member

Is this deal still available ?

19. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Yes it is!

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

If anyone is wondering if this deal is still available the answer is yes....

Please contact Scott for any fitment questions and concerns....

Thanks!