1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobe Leather suit package deal LIMITED TIME

Discussion in 'Other' started by gpracer15, Aug 5, 2010.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Still going!

2. plustiano

plustiano Well-Known Member

pm sent

3. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Does anyone have an extra Kobe back protector they arent using?

4. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I dont have an extra but if yo contact Scott at 706654-5623 he might have one at a close out price! :up:

5. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

I'm planning on calling Scott tomorrow regarding this deal, but... Let me ask this. After a 6 year layoff, the decision has been made to get back on the track in '11. With that being said, I'm going to need all new gear. This may sound stupid, but looking at the offerings from A-stars, S&S, and so forth, what if anything does this suit give up to others? I know some of the more expensive ones are made of Kangaroo, but is the Kobe on par as far as material, stitching, etc...? As I'm sure everyone else does, I want something that is going to last as well as save my hide in the event of an unfortunate incident. Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

6. 418

418 Expert #59

As a Kobe wearer I will tell you that there is a certain amount of "cool" you'll be giving up with less than up to date "cut" and graphics package, also you'll also be giving up weight. Even compared to the average non 'roo leathers the Kobe's are heavy and bulky. Saying that, because of it's heavy duty construction I have no hesitations when it comes to safety of this suit. It is rock solid. For the price, it's a hard to beat.

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

The Kobe suit has 1.7 thick leather where most of the competition will be aroudn 1.3 or less.

Also, I have seen the Kobe suits go down time after time and the stiching holds up!.....

There price is the best on the market for what your going to get hands down.
    I gave up a 1000+ Texport suit for my Kobe suit. The first time I rode in them I felt more comfortable with the thought of crashing lol...

8. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I just picked up my Kobe Carbonstar, pro gloves, and back protector from Kathy / Scott out at Highland park.....this is my second set from them. I've worn Kobes for 5 seasons, and really like these leathers.

I've crashed numerous times in my first set. Finally Barnacle Bill almost flat out refused to fix them, but I talked him into getting me thru GNF.

This has got to be one of the "Highest Value" deals available to us racers. I've tried others, even a used Vanson.....but for the quality of the Kobe and the price.....I dont think you will beat this deal....hands down.

Happy repeat customer. :)

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

SALE WILL BE CHANGING AT THE END OF FEBRUARY

Act now, you can still get the suit with free gloves and back protector untill the end of Feb. Add $15 for shipping.

Xpro (free Kobe Pro gloves, Kobe back protector, and shipping) $499
    Carbon Star (free Kobe Pro gloves, Kobe back protector, and shipping) $489
    Dragon (free Kobe Pro gloves, Kobe back protector, and shipping) $529

Call Scott with Kobe at 706-654-5623 and ask for the Chuck D race support promotion. Beginning in March you will get the choice of free gloves or a free back protector, same low price, plus $15 to ship.

The new KobeUSA site will be up in about a week and you can will be able to order online. See you at the track :up:

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Prices as of January 30th

Carbonstar suit: $479.00
    Dragon suit: $499.00
    Xpro suit: $539.00

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=280522

11. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

Kobe leathers

First I would like to say thank you to all the people who have posted kind words about the Kobe leathers. It was nice of you and appreciated.

I am dedicated full time to serving the WERA racers. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact me at [email protected] or
    706-654-5623. I will also be checking in the 13x forums almost daily.

I have been around a lot of different leathers over the past 30 years and it is hard to beat the Kobe suits. I will make you this promise, if I send you a pair of leathers and you do not like them for any reason, contact me and you can return them absolutely free of charge. No questions asked. We also give a
    one (1) year warranty on our leathers even under race conditions.

We also have a new www.kobeusa.com site coming up real soon - hopefully within the week, maybe two. The current (old) site gives you the basics on most of our items. The new site will cover all of our goodies.

12. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

13. witsbusa

witsbusa Well-Known Member

I'm going to be ordering one of your suits, but was hoping to get a little more insight.. am I interpreting the quality / feature levels correctly as Carbon Star, XP Pro and Misano at the top? Can you summarize the distinctions and recommendation for a track day rider? Are there any sales on the Misano?

Any additional information is appreciated.

14. soon2bsleeved

soon2bsleeved Active Member

KOBE Dragon 1 piece

I use the KOBE Dragon 2 piece for the street and was thinking of replacing the Komodo I just sold with the KOBE Dragon 1 Piece..

I was wondering if there is anyone currently using the 1 piece Dragon that would be able to comment on the Fit/Quality/Sizing/Duribility/Inside Liner etc?

TIA
    Jim

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Guys, please contact Scott with your questions at [email protected] or
    706-654-5623. He can answer just about anything on these suits.

I wear one of the Carbonstars myself. Started racing in 1995 and have worn Dainese, Texport, Spartan, and AGV. I would pick these over the others for both price, quality, and especially crash worthyness lol....

16. witsbusa

thanks.. I have an e-mail into Scott and if I have a moment I'll try to give him a call.

I appreciate the review from a racer more than anything, though..

I'm in to get one, just have to figure out exactly which and decide on how funky a color I am going to get.. probably just end up with black and gray though.

17. soon2bsleeved

soon2bsleeved Active Member

GP..

Thanks for the info..

Jim

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I like the Carbonstar graffix the best personally. I have one in red-white-black and love it.

Scott and I plan to be a some of the Southeast rounds. I race a green and black 1995 ZX6R with expert #115 in the Vintage V7 classes.

We will have some suits on display too.

19. witsbusa

GP: are you familiar with the other differences between the carbonstar, dragon and pro?

anything I should be considering that make one versus another a better choice?

Have you had a chance to check out the back protector and gloves?

20. FSLong

FSLong Active Member

If you will contact me directly at 706-654-5623 or email at [email protected] I can give you all the information you will need to know what to look for in suit differences. I know suits and unfortunately have scratched a couple of them.

It is easy to get ahold of me at the information listed above. You get to talk with an actual human. I am much better at talking than typing.