1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just found out the wife ran up some serious credit card debt

Discussion in 'General' started by USracer900, Nov 6, 2022.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fucking piker.

I’m neither big nor tatted up like a carnival freak, and people still know not to approach me. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I’ve been doing it on the first house I ever bought in 87. Moved out and it has been a rental since 90. At the very beginning I did it myself, but since around 92, I’ve paid someone. Haven’t spoken with a renter since and rarely speak to the agent that handles it, anything required is usually email.

gixxerboy55 and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Wondering if I should Google “Piker”. Probably not, even without knowing what it means I’m sure one of these is necessary. :moon:

For record, I’m not tatted up like a carnival freak :moon:

I’ve got one that goes from my right elbow, up around my shoulder, and my right pec. Technically it’s only one tattoo, but it takes up my upper right arm, shoulder, and chest.

I don’t have anything anywhere else. None on my face, hands, legs, no shit like that.

Like I said, if I REALLY needed/wanted to, I could cover it all up. Like if I went for a job interview and wore a shirt with a tie; they wouldn’t be able to see any of it.

4. Im liking the sound of this more and more. Especially if I had 2-3 rental properties; that could be some good extra income.

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

This is how I run mine too. I pay the property management company 10% of the rent, they handle everything and send me money. They keep $300 on hand for any small repairs, and replenish the $300 from rent, then send me the balance. Anything more than that, they get a thumbs up from me for the repair first. I don't talk to any renters.

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

7. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

What's the link to subscription news, I never pay for news.

tl1098 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a matter of opinion.

9. gixxerboy55

What's the purpose of a tattoo,if you have to cover it up.
    Why so embarrassed.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Liar I say!!!!!!

The man is a Teddy Bear. It’s the youngest daughter ya gotta watch out for. Hazel may be small but she has a fresh cup of whooop ass for brefassssss daily.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Just re-allocate 3 months worth of gun budget per house....
    #duh

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

ChemGuy and R Acree like this.
  13. Im not embarrassed of shit. But if I’m having a meeting with CEOs, potential business partners/clients, etc I might want to have a more “clean” appearance.

But more than that, I’ve never wanted a tattoo on my face or hands. Mainly because I think they look stupid and trashy.

brex likes this.
  14. Yeah but then look at all the guns I’d miss out on. Plus, I’m not sure if the gun economy can take such a hit. :D

15. Jedb

That's why my sleeve tattoos are 3/4 length. Even if I roll up the cuffs on a dress shirt, there's no real hint of a tattoo.
    My interactions with partners and vendors are global. The Japanese partner I'm working with may not appreciate my tattoos.
    The stuffy German/Swiss Data Center folks I deal with may not like them.
    The Cisco guy with green hair and a nose-ring won't care

Once I'm comfortable and have "read the room" I'm better at just being me, instead of 'work me.'

beac83 and Gorilla George like this.
  16. Jedb

GG: "Hey charlie, Yeah, it's me, George."
    Gunshop Chuck: "Hey George, nice to hear from you, it's been 17 minutes.."
    GG: "Yeah, about that..... I'm going to have to ask you to hold onto anything new for a couple of months."
    Gunshop Chuck: "*GULP* uh . . have we upset you in some way? I can make it right..."
    GG: "No, you're all good, and the petting zoo's a nice touch. I'm going to buy a pallet full of rental properties and I need to hold off buying guns for a couple of months."
    Gunshop Chuck: "Uh....gulp..... OK... Well.... uh..."
    GG: "It's only a few months, Chuck, I hope you understand.."
    <mad scrabling by Chuck>
    Gunshop Chuck: "Uh......... OK... Well.... uh...We'll keep all the new things for you in a safe."
    GG: "Thanks, Chuck. See you in June!

// Later that day //

Gunshop Chuck: "Hola.... Departmento de Defensa de Bolivia??"
    DoD-Bolivia: "Si, that's us!"
    Gunshop Chuck: "Tengo Muchas pistolas because Gorilla George didn't buy them all this month..."
    DoD-Bolivia: "Finally! Send them down"

Funkm05, YamahaRick, Rebel635 and 3 others like this.
  17. gixxerboy55

No problem, just giving you hard time.

18. Fuckinhell :crackup:

That made me gigglesnort a little bit. :crackup:

Jedb likes this.
  19. Yep, agreed 100%.

As you know, I also work with people from all over the world. As ridiculous as it may be, there are still cultures that find body ink taboo and even disrespectful in some cases.

When I’m at home, or I’m offshore on the rigs, fuck it. I wear what I want and don’t give a shit what anyone thinks. Hell I’d be in the minority if I didn’t have a tattoo. Haha.

But when I’m in KL at the Petronas Twin-Towers trying my best to not let the southern countryass accent fool them, that’s a completely different story. Even if I can’t sound the part, I need to look it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  20. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

This is exactly how me and my wife have always done it and we have never been in a argument over moneyBig household purchases also get split.

StaccatoFan likes this.