1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just found out the wife ran up some serious credit card debt

Discussion in 'General' started by USracer900, Nov 6, 2022.

1. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

New homes in California are required to have solar.

2. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

Exactly this. The wife and I spent 8 years fighting with the town (Southampton NY) to build a house on our lot. Finally we gave up after running out of funds and patience. All because there was a pond (that dried up for months at a time) next to our supposed driveway that the town put in the plans when dividing these properties 30 years ago. They considered it wetlands now and have a whole department to deal with.

Meanwhile if you want to build on the road along the beach (wetlands) you could clear the whole property to build your $10million dollar home with no issues.

The rules dont apply to the mega rich around here.

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

But think of the children!
    Not the cracka kids, but the gender-fluid, non-milky ones. The kids that matter!

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

fixed.

sdg likes this.
  5. nowayout

nowayout Well-Known Member

You got me, im lazy lol

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Economics 101 has entered the chat.

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Mongo is right

It's strange what qualifies for poor now, and we also have people begging here with smartphones and smoking cigarettes

Heck, as far as I'm concerned, we're all rich

I wish I really understood the fed reserve, gold, the dollar, and the banking system more. Seems like one big game of monopoly.

I always busted my ass to pay off debts and looking back on it now not sure if I made the right choice. The guys that work for me have made shit decisions, one after another, and we have the same heat, same air conditioning, and we all eat ny strip on Saturdays.

The reward for being heavily disciplined gets smaller each year.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Except you might be the only one that ca actually afford the heat, air and NY strip.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What does that matter when you’re cold and getting lowered into the ground?

He who dies with the most debt, wins!

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

And the bank profits nicely.
    These aren't a good deal if you have any other options.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Agreed, but the peace of mind of not owing people is worth it in my opinion.

Not all young people are shitheads, I have a good friend who is 24. He graduated, got a good job in sales making almost 6 figures, bartends with me one day a week to add another grand a month, no debt, no girlfriend, and just enjoying the young single life. It’s not impossible if you know what you’re doing.

mpusch likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree with this, it is very possible to enjoy life if you don't have unrealistic expectations.