1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle of Man TT | 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 29, 2023.

1. six6two

six6two AWD

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I've looked,but nothing is being said so far.

six6two likes this.
  3. six6two

six6two AWD

Yeah I appreciate ya... they usually don't publish details for good reason honestly.. and I'm definitely not digging through all their clickbait. Word gets around eventually anyways.

Cheers to Raul.. a true legend!!!!!!

ToofPic likes this.
  4. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Super cool dude and a good human. No details only that was between 16 & 17 milemarker, called "Alpine".

six6two likes this.
  5. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Thats what I was wondering, keeps his options open to run what he feels is best for the day. Didn't D Todd experience problems last year with Dunlops?

What the heck is as Patton?

thanks

6. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

8. six6two

six6two AWD

You should see their traffic this week, though!:whoosh:

9. Yama-saurus

Dunlop with a 130.403 mph lap... new a 600 !!!

six6two, stk0308 and 418 like this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm liking the 500, looks desirable.
    Owned by SC-Project now? That's like the same as if Akrapovic owned a niche bike manufacturer. Hell, yeah!

six6two likes this.
  11. Yama-saurus

Fixed it for my bad self... LOL

stk0308 and MELK-MAN like this.
  12. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

This is Alpine. Easy enough to figure out how it could go wrong.

[​IMG]

13. six6two

six6two AWD

Yeah most of the course looks pretty similar to that in regards to speed and runoff... I'm wondering what happened like did he turn in too early(most likely not), have an issue with traffic, lose the front, have a mechanical, etc... I lost another buddy there last year and came to find out he hit a fucking puddle.. that took a lot of wind out of my sail.. place provides the absolute highest high coupled to the absolute lowest low in sport... nothing like it. One thing is for damn sure though.. the one's we've lost passed on doing the one thing they love to do more than anything else on earth... IMO that beats the hell out of any hospital/hospice bed... we all gotta die some day.. and hell.. we've all already been dead for an eternity once.. just one more to go! It's heartbreaking, no doubt, and crucify me if you must, but I see Raul's death as an honorable one, not a tragic one. RIP to a real one! The man will be missed severely!

AJ likes this.
  14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Your age isn't a scorecard in the game of life. Plenty of people will beat 46, but very few will smile more, even if they see 100.

The TT seems to need at least one soul per year. It's just cruel and unfortunate math.

six6two likes this.
  15. Yama-saurus

Ye olde racing line ...

racinglinebungalow.jpg

16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

How many wins will MD get this year?

Will be hard to beat Hicky in the Superstock race.

If the Patton doesn't blow up it should be an easy win in SuperTwins.

Senior TT should be a win as well...

Can't wait. Will the weather hold?

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

As I recall the Patons use Kawasaki Ninja 650 twins. So, a pretty proven motor. Still, kind of an odd duck. A bespoke chassis in a, ostensibly, production class. But, the TT will let them run a RC213V-S in the superbike class. So, there ya go.
    Interesting looking at the lineup for Supertwins. Only 4 people running Yamahas. Hicky and Rutter included. There are a number of Aprilias, but they don't seem to be quite quick enough to factor in the top 10 in the first race.
    Should be, but I'm not counting Hicky, or Dean out just yet. I'll be great racing to watch.

18. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I don't really get much emotional over the deaths there ..

It's different..it's not "safe" circuit racing.

It different in every sense of risk vs reward....it's literally a race " of "IF" you finish, and it's always been that way.

EVERY single soul who races there pretty much knows..that it's 50/50 if their children will ever look up on their faces again ....
    It's a given.....

I don't want to sound heartless..not at all...but the reality is race is a spectacle a pure gladiator event...with a guarantee of several lost souls every year.

And the Isle demands those souls..

Each and every racing family....knows this is the law of the TT and many other road races

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

kirk erlinger and ToofPic like this.
  20. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Hicky's quickshifter/blipper wasnt working from the start of the Superbike TT and he was dealing with pad knockback that entire race. If the FHO team addresses those issues, it may be difficult for Dunlop to win the Senior TT.

stk0308 likes this.