1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indy GP - Who's going?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rising, Aug 8, 2011.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I was planning on going, but looks like work is putting the kibosh on that trip.... :(

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

For the Mile what is the difference between the reserved seating and the GA seating in the inflield.
    Are the reserved seats in the grand stands on the outside of the track?

3. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

If we wake her I'll just blame you since you'll already be in trouble. :beer:

Is parking in a deck for that hotel... if so do you recall how tall it is? I was going to call them some time this week to find out unless you know. My truck doesn't like most parking decks.

4. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Will be there next Thursday for the test day, then for the gp weekend with Geoff and the GPtech team. Also looking for an XR ride but not holding my breath on that....

5. cobra2497

Yes reserved is on the outside of the track. The G.A. is infield...which means backup a truck against the fence and watch the races.

6. cobra2497

Can you put my name down as one of the crew so i can use my AMA pass :)

7. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Skipping it this year.. Laguna is closer now.

8. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Don't have them call me for a reference on how you treat equipment! :crackup:

9. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Reserved - wait in line for hours for a beer

Infield - just grab a beer from the cooler in the trunk
    Oh and if your smoov you can sneak into the pits as well

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  10. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

Im thinking about it. A few questions for those who have been:

Can I run a generator in the camping lot? (Honda Quiet)

Is lot 2 the hang out spot? Does the party end in time to get my beauty sleep?

I'd like to go to the Indy Mile as well. Assuming you have to drive to it, can you get out of the camping area with your vehicle to go see the mile?

Do most of you get seats for motogp or just general admission?

That's good for now. Thanks!

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Good luck with that unless your a AMA Member... They wanted like $65 to get in the pits last year... AINT THAT RIGHT TRYCE!!!:tut:

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes Lot 2 Is great.... It gets quiet around Midnight unless your camped by a bunch of Yahoo's...

Yes.. Once you have your Camp Pass you can come and go 24 Hours a day...

I would do Gen Admission and hit the Mounds.... Best place to watch in my opinion...

13. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

:beer: Thanks

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not even close.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I still don't get the allure of Lot 2. I've hung out there with people many times and it is still too busy for my taste.

Here's my "secret". Lot 3. water tower. I've stayed at this spot since the first F1 race in 2000. In those days the little (it's not that little when your there) area to the left of the tower would hold about 40 to 50 campsights. Last year there were 3 of us back there. That's right, 3 campers in the entire area. We always hit the spot at about the 5:30 point of the fence surrounding the tower. The only downside to this place is that the lights from the oil storage area are a bit bright at night....so what.

An entire camping area with 3 campsites taken...doesn't get much better than that. Things get kind of wild Saturday night!

[​IMG]

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And the best part about this spot.....you need to piss, the bushes are right there!

[​IMG]

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes reserved is in the stands. There is no seating inside the track except what you bring with you - and you can't see much unless you're on top of a vehicle.

18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Say whuuut?

Naw man... I've got awesome seats outside turn 4 (Straight between Indy turns 1 and 2)... I "might" have waited for one person to get a beer, and that's because they were getting like 8 of them or something... They had a handful... Lines are better at Indy than any other sporting event I've ever been to...

Now, sneaking into the pits... I don't know anything about that... I don't see how one would do it... there'd have to be an open, unlocked, unguarded door somewhere or something... impossible...

19. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I'll be there working grids again. We'll probably hit the flat track race too and I'm hoping there will be Endurocross.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

He's talking about the Fairgrounds (Dirt).. Not the Speedway...:up: