1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new vehicle

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Aug 14, 2016.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You need to learn how to yield right of way. :Poke:

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

This was one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. I only sold it to buy a diesel truck and toy hauler. Before that I towed a 6x12 all over with the FJ without any issue. Daily driving the FJ had a sense of fun to it too. I really loved that truck and would love to get another.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

D'Oil just bought one for his wife this summer.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice! Has he bought an M2, Golf R or a 911 for himself yet? :D

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, right. :D
    He not only hasn't upgraded, but he's moved down market since his latest piece of Andretti-quality driving totaled his Golf. He's driving his late MIL's old Civic.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh gawd, I might have to throw him out of Tire Kickers United for THAT! :D

That guy is worse than me. :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Disagree on all but resale even that won't bee too bad, lots of people don't want/like diesels. You can see that in threads on here.

F250's ride fine, it's a truck not a car. Crew cab and long bed means you'll need to know how to actually drive and park but it's not a problem to do. Walking a little further is good for you anyway.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some people want to haul bikes and not tow a trailer. I know for Cali that's a huge consideration since you lose 15mph allowed when towing.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Loaded down they're okay, but I spent a week (twice) driving about 2000 miles in an empty F250 around Oklahoma and I felt like I'd been beat with a stick afterwards.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Real men drive vans!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Vans are a good choice too, I go back and forth on which I prefer, usually depends on how long it's been since I wanted to get a load of topsoil or gravel or the like.

Was the empty 250 a crew cab and long bed? I drove my F350 for years and never really noticed it - then again my other car was a Wrangler TJ :D

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Extended cab, 6.5ft bed. And Oklahoma has probably the worst roads in the country.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Make no mistake, he is still kicking tires with great ferocity. The dealership where he got his wife's FJ also sells Porsche. There's a salesman there who thinks he sold D'Oil a Cayman S.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There was a douche off at the car wash yesterday between a cockhead in a 3 series that was "M'ed up" and a Doucheduster in a white Cayman. I couldn't decide which got the gold and weirdly, I was knocked off the podium and maybe out of the top 10 by the Lexus drivers.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hurry up and read the forum rules while you can still edit your post.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well there's your problem, short box and cab.

17. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

68-72 2wd C10 with an LS1

18. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Apologies - didn't read the rules and missed that this was a violation (totally on me) missed the edit time frame to rectify it. Won't happen again. If it's possible to delete the post, please do.

To the OP - have had an E55 for over 10 years and 100,000 miles and started putting bolt ons at 40,000. Parts are expensive but it's been pretty damn reliable (it's never been my daily) so my acquiring parts have been limited. Brakes, tranny, and engine are more than capable of handling a small open trailer, consistently get 20mpg at 80mph and they are dirt cheap today. Just throwing it out there as an "interesting option" that will tow a trailer, fun to drive and can handle a family (especially in the limited capacity that you are intending it for).

Also have a f-250 crew cab short bed - not the most fun unloaded - if you're considering a pick up - definitely would go with a 1/2 ton for what you stated.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I'll kill it this time but only because I wanted to cockblock Papa from banning someone. :D

20. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd thank someone for a cockblock. . .:D

Thank you!