1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

An AR as it was meant to be. :bow:

Please confirm it's a <1MOA shooter! I will have to save my pennies cuz I've wanted one since they came out. I'll also go 16". Aside from it's marketed attributes, the gasblock's four setting adjustments has one that goes to zero flow - exactly the kind of gasblock I'd prefer was on my current ARs.

Whose can?
    And, damn. Another afternoon gonna be wasted on YouTube. :crackup:

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

What’s the total night weight with scope and can minus mag and ammo?

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Thunderbeast ultra 7. I've got a YHM resonator K in jail I'm going to throw on it once it gets approved. I shoot with ears on regardless so a shorty can should be nice to help with recoil and tone down the massive boom from a short 308. Will update with the range results asap.

10 pounds it looks like with the scope and suppressor

4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

thats like taking advice on here haha

Steak Travis likes this.
  5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Anyone know the current status of Mock vs Garland in court? Rumor was that this was going to place a temporary injunction on the SBR ruling.

6. Steak Travis

just weighed by 10.5 6.8 and it's 9.3 with the scope... that's pretty wild that the 16" 308 is less than a pound heavier

7. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Not advocating one way or the other but my brother just got his stamp for his MK18 after a year (bought it as an SBR), Ive had 11 braced guns approved as SBR's (anywhere from a month to two months wait time) since Feb and he's had 4 approved in the same time period. My travel forms took about two weeks to turn around. They've been pretty quick with the turnaround and the online process is stupid easy if you have your electronic fingerprints.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I do have the eft file and i have one pending now. Just can't decide whether to wait till the last minute for the rest of them. I don't really want to give them a "registry" of my firearms. I know they have the purchase information at the FFL's but the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Why the Form 3 gets turned over much quicker than the Form 4, no one will ever know.

You can see wait time examples here.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

As you've acknowledged, the FFls would have records of your 4473s.
    I agree with you about it being a bit against the grain on how they are offering the filing for the braces.

11. Steak Travis

I’m at 53 days on a form 1. It’s looking like 90 days maybe the new number on reddit

dobr24 likes this.
  12. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

I totally get it....honestly, if I lived in a rural area, didnt travel out of state to shoot, or didnt have other NFA items, I wouldnt do it just out of my overall disdain for doing administrative/ data entry tasks.

That's why I dont advocate doing it or not because everybody's circumstances are different: Ive been getting intrusive background checks for work for years, live in a heavily regulated state for regular guns, have several NFA items already, and travel all the time out of state to shoot so there's just too many ways for me to get jammed up if I didnt do it vs doing it. If I didnt have those considerations, I would have dragged my feet and/or not done it.

The state and federal government are all over my life as it stands, so for me, wasnt a big deal to give them what they already have. If that wasn't case, Id definitely have a different view of it.

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

NFA items are effectively kept in a registry. Because you can't transact/do anything with them without additional paperwork. Yes I get the whole argument that they already know what I own. But that's not entirely correct. They can infer what I own. But bottom line is anything I purchased either with a 4473 or privately, I am somewhat free to do as I please with it. Anyone comes knocking, I can say "oh yea, I got rid of all that shit." And without probably cause, there's nothing they can do about it, true or not. With NFA items, that's no longer true. Because I can't even get rid of it as I please without notifying them.

14. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I agree with you. For me, all my NFA filed items (approved and pending) were already known things. So, for me, the "they're gonna know" argument wouldn't keep me from filing for the brace.

For my other NON-NFA items, that were acquired when private party sale was legal in Oregon, there's no record of the transfer, and as you indicate, Law Enforcement would need a warrant.

15. Steak Travis

I went by to check on the Henry 3030 I ordered 2 months ago and it wasn't there and they said I'd owe more money for CC fees or something. I told them to suck two and cancelled my order. This was after they changed the price on me at the register. I've got a 2-8 vx3 scope that was going to be for it but I might have to get a 22 now instead and put the scope on that .

The begära carbon fiber 22's look sweeeeet

16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Form 3s are dealer to dealer which usually is less than two weeks because it’s only paperwork no background check.

17. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

All right, I give. Rather than spend probably 2 grand on a new rifle I’m going to just form 1 mine. Since I’m going to do the NFA thing I might as well get a can too.

Anybody got a road map or a place they liked to setup a trust online? I’m going to have two SBR’s and a can if that makes a difference.

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I understand that - but as quick as ATF has been to revoke an FFL (500% increase in the first year of the current admin), for any and every reason (allegedly), you'd think the process of a yay or nay vote on someone's pedigree info ala 4473 would be just as simple.

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

A 4473 is typically minutes for an approval. I personally think the NICS check is all they are doing for the tax exempt form ones. They are getting approved very quickly and the NICS check has been dragging like it was in 20&21 due to overload.

20. Steak Travis

If you were going to get a .22 . Same price and specs would you get a bolt or a semi auto.

As a kid we had a 10/22 and I liked the semi auto but something about the bolt version is intriguing. This will be for plinking and first time shooting for the kid