1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

If you’ve already got semi’s, I’d get a bolt…….or even a lever action or pump (I know those weren’t on the table). We have 3 semi’s……mossberg 702, Rossi rs22, and 6 months ago finally went for a 10/22. The Rossi and mossberg were cheap but have been incredibly reliable with even the crappiest 22 ammo. We do also have a cricket, which is a bolt action but with a plunger. That one’s great because we can shoot 22 shorts. 22short subsonics are more quiet than my pellet rifle, and great for little ones to get over the “crack” imo. Damn, now I want new 22 in pump or lever :D

Steak Travis likes this.
  2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Have you learned nothing from The Beeb? BUY BOTH!

We have a 10/22 and an old bolt action single shot. Every time we go shoot, both kids shoot the bolt first, then a few mags on the 10/22, and finish the day on the bolt, with whatever else we have that day mixed in somewhere.

I really like the single shot for first timers because no matter how much trigger discipline they don't have yet, how nervous they are, or how excited they are after hitting the target for the first time, there aren't any more rounds in the chamber. It also gives you a chance to reinforce "Always treat it like it's loaded," even though they just shot the only round in the gun.

fastfreddie and britx303 like this.
  3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

We’ve got an old Marlin Model 60 - that 18 round tube-fed .22 is cheap thrills for family and friends when they visit. I’m should see if I can have the barrel threaded to accept the el Camino that’s in NFA jail.

If that’s a no go, there might be a CZ 457 in my near(ish) future.

Rimfire is the shit.

britx303 likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Love my old Model 60. Deadly accurate little sucker.
    Anyone that's never shot it is allowed one miss and one miss only. :D

Steak Travis and britx303 like this.
  5. britx303

Agreed. Rim fire is the saving grace of many a stockpile of other calibers.:D

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I think it's gonna have to be the bolt version :)

Chango and RonR like this.
  7. Steak Travis

[​IMG]
    Carbon barrel and will throw the suppressor on it. Gonna be sweeeeeettt

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Bergara?

9. Steak Travis

yep

10. britx303

I’m scheduled to close on my new place with my own range etc. in 10 days………..y’all ain’t helpin’!!!! :moon: :D

Phl218 and Razr like this.
  11. Steak Travis

gotta get something to break in the new range

britx303 likes this.
  12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Tannerite. Gallons of it.

sanee and britx303 like this.
  13. britx303

Hell, I’ve already got a couple pieces I pinned together that I haven’t been able to shoot yet :confused: And really, my Mini14 is the one out of all of them I’m looking forward to shooting as much as I want to, the most. Simpler pleasures I guess :D

14. britx303

P.S……………my lr308 too. Looking forward to lots more time with that one too………yeah maybe some tannerite while I’m at it :flag: :rock::p

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

They have minute of PiePlate (Mongo size) accuracy, but fun to shoot.
    I had the A-Team factory folder. Fun gun. Traded for an POF-MP5.

britx303 likes this.
  16. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Cans are simple, just spend 25.00 at silencershop and have them do the trust (it'll be an option when you buy the can along with the tax stamp), dont know about the SBRs... I know my brother set up a trust for his machine gun and said it was really easy but that was years ago...

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  17. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Was at my friend's place in Virginia yesterday....this was his pistol caliber range....he's got steel hung at 496 yrds that we can shoot from his front porch or barn....congrats again, every time I'm out there I really question my housing choices....you definitely made the right choice (guns or not)....:bow::beer:

AC71EEEB-688A-4B02-98AF-6B5F818036D5.jpeg

britx303 likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Looks like good fishin'.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Must be some bloody big fish!

20. britx303

Yep, but absolutely beautiful and fun rifles imo. It rings the steel plates at 100 yards or less, that we get to go shoot on rare occasions, and that’s good’nuff for me with that rifle. If I’m going for more precise, that’s not the tool I’d choose………I learned that awhile back when I first got it :D

Jedb likes this.