1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

As soon as I hit post my first thought was “I bet with this group Daniel Defense isn’t truly going full retard” :crackup:

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Bravo Company is right there, too. They don't have the opportunities that DD made for themselves but they certainly can provide for the little guy, as long as their stuff is in stock.
    A couple years ago, I went round-n-round trying to do mainly a BC build with other similar quality components and eventually gave up trying to source it all. Maintaining the level of quality I wanted to work with became an issue as those choice components, more than not, were out of stock.
    I ended up buying a DD. :D

I still wanna build a little space gun/truck gun but I may have to step down a rung or two on the quality. That's where a rabbit hole of knowledge can make a gun better than just slappin' the sum of its parts together.

<edit> I think just slapping together choice components would also be shortchanging one's efforts if a visit to the rabbit hole weren't planned.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
    GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Got in early on the BCM enhanced LW uppers. It's a keeper.

fastfreddie likes this.
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Criterion is the shit

5. redtailracing

No I'm going to cost you money by telling you how much my LMT MARS-H in 6.5 CM is the tits :D

6. redtailracing

I'd recommend a BCM or Geissele instead of DD. On the same playing field of quality but a bit cheaper. DD also isn't full retard. If you want full retard, then those are companies like Knights, LMT, Radian, Larue, HK, Hodge. Then just below that are DD, Geissele, BCM, FN, and American Defense. But of those, DD does seem a bit more difficult to find sales on. Geissele's shit is on sale all over the place all the time and BCM is just in general priced a little better.

That said, my next 2 AR uppers will probably will a Knights 14.5 and a DD M4A1 because reasons so yea, I'm a hypocrite. :crackup:

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Brit, $100 off the VZ58 right now...
    https://atlanticfirearms.com/czech-small-arms-vz-58-military

britx303 likes this.
  8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’d wait for the AK

britx303 likes this.
  9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I think I’m talking my self out of it and trying to be satisfied with what I already have.

if I could find some 6.8 ammo I know I’d be happy.

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Most of you would actually save money by racing motorcycles..

Razr, Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I can confirm that's a negative

Waterboy, Clay, DaveB and 1 other person like this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Depends how you are racing motorcycles. I know broome spends more on guns than I ever have racing. But he also spent more racing than most motoamerica teams so:crackup:

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Oh I know, I do both "on the cheap" but it's way more of my income than advisable.

noles19 likes this.
  14. :crackup:

Hushup :D

15. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Luckily for my bank account, it was sold out already :D Scheduled to close in 2 and a half weeks, so need to hold off. Honestly the more I read up on the VZ, the more I like it. I’m sure after we get settled in, we’ll end up with both to round out the x39 collection. Really looking forward to having my own range :clap:

16. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Congrats on the move. I’m very fortunate I bought my land 40 years ago. I have a 100 yrd range set up and some good reactive targets for rifles and pistols.

Gorilla George and britx303 like this.
  17. It sucks you can't buy guns directly from Sig.

They are doing that thing again where you get 20% off your entire order if you buy 20 boxes of ammo. I thought about grabbing another 20 boxes of the 365HP ammo, and then adding a P320 Spectre Comp Blackout. That way I would get 20% off the gun too. I would save like $500 doing that.

But when you click on "Buy now" on the Sig site, it directs you elsewhere. It won't let you buy it directly from Sig, so the 20% thing doesnt work.

18. britx303

Haven’t closed yet, so it’s at that “oh shit what else could possibly go wrong?” process :D Places like this are impossible to find here in SoMd unless you’re a millionaire. We’ve kicked around the idea for 25+ years of moving to KG va. and it’s time to give’er a go. Recommendation for a clay pigeon thrower? We are going all out:p

19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’ve had manual and power. Have spent up to $400? on some powered ones but I’m full circle back to manual but these do the lions share of the cocking during the throw so the younger guys can work it easily.
    https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1015096943

britx303 likes this.
  20. britx303

My wife’s the one wanting to setup for clays more than me, so she’s been shopping. I figured on a manually operated, but she found some powered one online. Our regular gun shop in king George, which is close to the new place, was telling her today to stick with a manual as well. I wasn’t paying attention…… I was checking out the in stock AKs