1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. After reading this, I realized that I have never in my life shot a gun that belongs to someone else.

I mean, aside from my dad's when I was growing up, but that is different.

But since I have been an adult, every single gun I have ever shot has been bought new. I have never even tried any of the rental guns at the ranges. To try something, I just buy it.

RonR likes this.
  2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Baller

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Somehow I knew your answer was gonna be along the lines of "why wouldn't I just buy it first then try my own gun to see if I like it?" :crackup:

Gorilla George and Sabre699 like this.
  4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

very lost by your answer

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

posting with a 6 month old that's trying to climb everything and fall over doesn't help for coherence or attention to what I'm writing

Joking about all the shootings in ATL so there are no matches because you'd run out of ammo on your way to the match. Can the matches be indoor or outdoor? If indoor, maybe stoddards could host one?

Also with the murder down the road, it's accelerating my want to take some classes again and start carrying again.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Get some crayons and draw us a map. I'm sure someone other than me is willing to let you shoot something you don't have, yet. ;)

7. :crackup:

8. Do it. Seriously. Every day you put it off could be the day something happens and you need it.

Even when I am just getting in the car to drive the wife to yoga, and then come back home (knowing I won't even get out of the car), I still put my gun belt on. And there is one staged in the car door, so I don't actually need it. I just dont like the idea of being without one. When I take my gun belt off, I roll it up and it sits right by my hat, keys, and wallet. I grab the gun as I am grabbing the other stuff, I never leave home without it.

There was an "active shooter" incident just 9 miles from my house about 3 years ago, and I don't live in some huge city. You truly never know...

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  9. I heard some interesting stats in one of Colion Noir's videos. He was making a point about how "gun free" laws/zones simply do not work, because criminals don't care about the laws anyway. All they do is take guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizens. He used the examples where shooters went to multiple theaters, schools, or malls trying to find one that was "gun free", because they knew they wouldn't have to worry about being taken out by a citizen.

Over the past 20 years, 96% of "active shooter" incidents (incident where 2 or more people were shot) have occurred in "gun free" zones.

Out of the "active shooter" incidents that occurred outside of gun free zones (places where citizens are allowed to carry) 62% of those incidents were stopped by legally carrying citizens taking out the shooter (rather than the police).

Guarantee you won't hear those stats in any of the anti-gun activist rants.

10. I dont know about that, haha. I just love the whole process of shopping, looking around, seeing something I like, then taking it home and unboxing it, and then shooting for the first time and seeing how I like it.

If I try someone else's or a rental, I have kinda ruined all of that. I am buying something already knowing the outcome. That takes some of the anticipation and excitement out of it.

Sure, sometimes I don't like them and they get tossed in the shit-gun safe. But still, the overall experience is worth the risk to me. I enjoy the whole process.

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

People generally call that your birthday. Cake! Presents! Yay! Lol.

12. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

ahhh haha that makes sense. Yes pretty sure idpa stopped due to covid. I used to do it monthly when i was living on the coast as that club did a fantastic job coming up with different scenerios every month. I did one at adventure but didnt like it too much as it was pretty boring set ups, indoors and adventure :). So yeah indoors or outdoors. If you look in the idpa site theres just nothing for this area which is weird.

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

never mind just discovered that all the matches are on practiscore site

Steak Travis likes this.
  14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

If you gave me your "shit gun" safe, you'd probably lower the amount of handguns in your state by 1% and raise the number of guns in New York state by 30% :D

15. I have a birthday every week! :clap: :D

16. :crackup:

My condolences for living in New York. :(

britx303 likes this.
  17. Steak Travis

Confirmed: Turkey shot will take down a big hog that’s staring at you while sitting against a tree

britx303 likes this.
  18. Steak Travis

Anyone here have a nice tripod? I am looking at a two vets but pretty pricey for something I may use once a night. Last night I didn’t take a shot at a boar because my crappy tripod not very stable. They are $600 plus the head so that’d be a lot of hogs to justify the cost, but I guess there could be other uses

19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

NY makes Maryland look like the land of the free-ish:D Not much longer for me……….:rock::flag:

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Bog
    https://www.boghunt.com/pods/tripods/?msclkid=86514f31b20418d5311a2b7c8e3da635&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=TB%20-%20Branding%20Search%20-%208%2F5&utm_term=bog%20tripods&utm_content=Branding%20Tripod%20Search IMG_6571.jpeg