1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Dude. Someone shit on your gun.

rd400racer likes this.
  2. And probably the best OEM striker fired trigger on the market (with Canik being a close 2nd).

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

O yeah forgot the actually answer the holster question. People shit on Lucas at T rex arms but their OWB holsters fit great, are solid, and ship fast. Just make sure if you pick them, you also pick which belt attachment you want. I've accidentally just ordered the mold and not an attachment before.

redtailracing likes this.
  4. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

The only people that are butt hurt by lucas are just key board cowboys nit picking at stupid shit. Hes one hell of a shooter and runs a great company pushing the envelope on equipment development.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I think it’s more just his personality. And I can’t blame them. Not sure I could spend 5 minutes with the dude. That said, I don’t make purchases based on the CEOs personality. I make them based on how well their product fits my needs and far as I can tell, t.Rex is as good or better than anything out there, though tier 1 is my personal favorite.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yeah. Been to the range with it now 4 times I believe. The more I shoot it the more I like it. It was a used gun in the case. Perfect condition.

I haven’t shot any of my Caniks since I got it. Oops.

7. :stupid:

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

is it his squeeky voice that rubs you the wrong way?? haha

9. So Gunbroker has both the Canik Rival-S Darkside (solid black version), and the P320 Spectre Comp Blackout.

Which is better?

The 320 is ~$300 more.

I can get the Rival-S Darkside with their Mekanic optic for the same price as the 320 (with no optic). BUT I just did some research, and the Canik optic has no motion sensor (no "shake awake" feature) and for me, that is a deal breaker.

10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Get both pussy!:D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. Oh FFS, why didnt I think of that. Hell that should have been my first thought. [/facepalm]

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. But hell, if I am going to do that, I can just custom order a CZ Shadow race gun with their SA trigger. I think they are around $2,600 or some shit.

On second thought, the only viable option is to get all 3. :D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  13. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Your getting slow on us..:D That decision took way to long.

14. I’ve never found a CZ that felt comfortable in my hand which is a bummer because the people I know that have them absolutely love them. I’ve owned two of them but barely shot either because I just couldn’t get comfortable with it. Only “target” pistols I own are Ruger Mk IV’s so all the other pistols I want to be very comfortable picking it up and being able to aim and fire quickly. It’s an odd quirk I have but I’d rather be 100% confident in my gun to hand relationship than not if ever put in a situation where I needed to use it for defense.

fastfreddie and Gorilla George like this.
  15. StaccatoFan

Let me know what you think if that Shadow 2 when you get it. I hope you hate it and sell it to me.

:)

16. What would you say the ergos of the CZ are similar to (what other guns/brands would you say the feel like)?

I have never messed with a CZ. But I agree, it has to feel good in my hand and give me that confidence. That's why I always change the backstraps, add Talon grips, or get custom grip modules. If it doesn't feel good, it will get tossed in the shit gun safe.

17. StaccatoFan

Hey man. Different strokes and all that. You found what works for you and that’s all that matters.
    I’m similar in the sense if finding what I do not like. I don’t enjoy shooting anything Glock or a 1911 anything.

If offered at the range to try someone’s Glock I’ll just politely pass.

If offered to shoot a 1911. I’ll politely pop 3 rounds and thank them for letting me try it. I do that because of the off chance I may find that snowflake 1911 I enjoy. So far it hasn’t happened.

But, I do rather like double stack 9mm 2011s. And @RonR is on my Xmas card list for letting me try his.

18. That’s funny as I’m the same way. 1911 doesn’t work for me either. I’ll always take someone up on an offer to fire a gun I’ve never shot, you can at least know if you get a good vibe from it or not. Maybe I take being responsible with a self defense weapon too far but it’s just always something I want to be 100% comfortable and confident as I can in the weapon I have for that purpose. I have some rifles that aren’t the best fit for me but aren’t worth it to me to spend hundreds of dollars for stocks, etc.

19. I absolutely LOVED the way that gun shot. The accuracy, smoothness, speed, etc was hands down better than anything ive ever shot.

BUT, I didnt care much for the ergos, and hated the safety. I could never get used to shooting it.

My perfect (non-EDC) gun would be a gun that shot like that one^, and had a trigger like that one, except was SA with no safety. The custom CZ Shadow competition gun with the SA option and their "flat safety" may be the closest thing on the market to that "perfect gun" I am looking for.

20. I am the exact same way. That is why there are only a handful of guns that I will actually carry, or will "stage" somewhere so they would be relied upon in a defensive scenario.

There are a lot of them that I like to play with and take to the range, but they will never be in the car, by the bedside, or my EDC.