I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Mags are $30 each new, the ammo I have priced out the a2nd hand ammo and the market is 20% lower. Deal is good, I wouldnt lose $, but whats the GOTTA moment, Im gonna offer 400. If he says no and youre in NOVA and want the deal reach out to me and Ill hook you up.

2. Gun store dudes, when you run a background check and it comes back clear, is there a way for you to print that clearance, with the customer’s name on it? Almost like a certification?

I have to get a Police Clearance letter every year for my Ghana Work Visa. I normally just go to the Sheriffs Department, give them my license, and they give me a stamped/signed form that shows I have no record or outstanding warrants.

But I was thinking it would be a good excuse to get a new gun. They have to run a background check anyway for the gun purchase. If there is something they can print out and give me with the results of that background check, it would satisfy my Visa requirement.

….and I’d get a new gun in the process. :D

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I think most of the time all they get is an authorization number to put on the form but not 100% sure. Here in KY since I have my CCDW they don't even have to call it in, just put that info on the form since KY automatically runs you every 30 days to make sure they don't have to revoke your CCDW.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. I’ve seen on the computer screen when they are running it/them, and it will just be a list of names of the people (in the store) current waiting for the background check.

Then beside the name it will say something like “In process” or “Approved”.

But I was wondering if there was something they could click on that would show the approval, with just my name on it.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just get your own FFL? Think of the possibilities! :D

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Nope I just get a number and it’ll say approved ,” not disapproved” MD or disapproved

7. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Is there a decent budget friendly thermal scope available? For an AR setup to deal with Coyotes, etc on the property.

speedluvn likes this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

well I was gonna post a Wyle E Coyote gif. But it didn’t work. Dammit. Opportunity wasted.

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

*Snap*
    And just like that, Ghana becomes the 7th most heavily armed African nation after confiscating GG's collection...

Sabre699, Razr and StaccatoFan like this.
  10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

what’s your budget. I’ve used a bunch of thermals

11. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

$1-1.5k. If there is something decent cheaper though, I'm not going to say no, lol.

12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

RonR and omatter34 like this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Has anyone been in a gun store while someone was informed that they didn’t pass the background check? I’ve seen it once… and the guy argued about it for at least 15 minutes, and was arguing when I left. He looked like a fool arguing in front of 40 people.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What?! If I get my CCDW, I don't have to wait for all that approval crap? They've never told me that, I figured they still had to do the entire process. I'm still ticked off about the whole CCDW thing. I believe if you received an Honorable Discharge you should get one automatically. Then again there's a lot of things I'd do differently (and what a great country this would be:D).

DaveB and Gorilla George like this.
  15. :crackup:

16. Oh well, fuck it. I reckon I’ll just go to the Sheriffs Department and get the one like I normally do.

But when I go to the range today, I’ll probably get a new gun anyway because I’ve already thought about and now I’ve got the fever. :D

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Steak T is dead on. We were looking to shoot some hogs at about a 100 yards. I told my buddy mine was head on. He said his was length wise but didn’t know if it was ass or head. Area you plan on hunting and rifle being used will play into it but between 2&3 is probably the safest bet. I also scan a lot with a monocular. My nephew recently bought an ATN for $700 or so and it was way better than I expected. Easily plenty for most people.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Took the new FPC to the range yesterday, it was awesome! Sent the paper out to 20 ft just to test the gun's function and see how close my laser boresight got the Romeo 7 dialed. First shot was about 3/4" from the aim point, second shot just made the hole 25% bigger, 3rd shot went thru the same hole. Went out to 30 and 45 ft. and just a few clicks on the dot got me dead on. Need to add the 3x magnifier to be any good past 60 ft with my shit vision. Shot over 100 rounds with no issues. I do wish the stock was adjustable, and towards the end my bony shoulder was feeling the hits from the hard plastic stock. An inch thick foam rubber pad would address both I think.
    Also took the TX22, along with the 4 new mags with Wingman +5 extensions. That POS was worse than last outing... FTF jams every few rounds on all 7 mags. Don't know if it's worth sending back to Taurus a second time or just having a local gunsmith take a look.

19. upload_2023-4-4_13-35-54.jpeg

+

upload_2023-4-4_13-36-26.jpeg

20. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Yep, the most part, I've only found one place that doesn't honor the CCDW and that is Rural King, they still require the full process. There could be others but I'm not aware of them. The shops I've dealt with locally plus one purchase at KY GunCo honored it for that purpose.

rd400racer likes this.