1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

The only interpretation that matters is the one whereby the reader rightly concludes that any rule, or law, is illegal to begin with. Pun intended. :D

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

You don’t say! Same thing happened to me.

A friend of mine built a shorty with the idea of back pack/truck gun though. He said if this stuff actually sticks he’s just going to put a 16” barrel on it. A back pack/truck gun doesn’t do much good if you need a permission slip to cross state lines for a road trip.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well, it’s still the offseason, I’ll wade in, why not. This notion is what is characterized in German as a Schnapps Idee. A total non starter. Ill considered, uninformed, knee jerk reaction to the problem, that has no prayer of solving the problem, and a money grab into the bargain. Some State AG is going to call his or her pals, and they’re going to launch what is effectively a class action lawsuit against the Federal government. No action needed by me as a private citizen.

4. Not yet; it hasn't even shipped. I emailed the dude yesterday and he said he is on a trip, but there is a guy in the shop working on it. He said he will get an update Monday.

5. I actually watched a video yesterday from a lawyer who specializes in 2A cases.

They said they will waive the tax stamp for 120 days if people apply now. But technically, the ATF doesn't even have the permissions to waive that stamp. What is even more interesting is that according to the lawyer, if you read the fine print, any application that is left open (isn't accepted) within 88 days can be considered denied by default.

...which means at that point, they know who you are, where you live, have your fingerprints, know the gun you have and have seen pictures of it, and they know that you now possess it illegally. At that point it enforcement is up to their discretion.

He asked an ATF agent about it and those were his exact words. "Submitting the paperwork is an application, and like any application it can be denied. Once it is denied, you are then in possession of an illegal firearm. Enforcement is at our discretion".

Luckily I don't have any braces. I removed and destroyed them all. So I don't have to worry about it.

6. GixxerJohn011

My local gun shop owner heard that the reason they put off a ruling for so long was because they figured it would take 8 years to process the apps. No clue if that’s even 1% true but it makes sense.

I’m sure they thought ahead and ramped up personnel. Surely the same people that take 9 months plus to process a can don’t think that the same amount of people could handle the eleventy billion extra incoming applications in a timely manner…right?

7. britx303 and tony 340 like this.
  8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

9. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

With the collective advice and input here, I've found shooting to be my off-season challenge. As a new shooter I'll be going to the range on a regular basis and would appreciate advice on where you buy ammo. Thanks in advance.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

I've bought from a few places but mostly from sgammo.com

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

britx303 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Our founding fathers would be proud of matt

13. GixxerJohn011

What are you shooting? I buy everything I can from Supervelammunition.com
    They are reloads but they are quality and haven’t given me one issue

14. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

I am not a felon
    I am not a felon
    I am not a felon
    I am not a felon
    I am not a felon

And don’t plan on telling the ATF that I’m not

15. S Tsotsoros

Thanks Dave.

it’s been a while since I’ve been at the track with you. Hope all is well. Hope to see you this season.

16. S Tsotsoros

as a new shooter I’ve started off with the SV650 of calibers. 22LR.

17. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

All is pretty good. I "retired" from riding but may stop by the track to visit at some point. Spending more time fishing than anything else.

18. GixxerJohn011

Gotchya. I don’t really mess with buying 22 online because shipping makes it more expensive than what I can find it for locally. I can find it now for 8-12 cents a round at Academy depending on brand. Walmart usually has some but they tend to be a little high and I try to spend as little time there as possible. I prefer plated rounds like CCI mini mags but they are usually up around the 12 cents mark and a little hard to find. The bare lead stuff, like Remington Thunderbolt, is okay and cheaper but make sure you do a good job of cleaning the barrel after shooting. The soft bare lead stuff leaves a lot of shit behind on the way out.

britx303 likes this.
  19. As far as direct/individual sites, Ive used TargetSports, TopGunAmmo, AbleAmmo, theCastleArms, SGAmmo, and quite a few others a good bit. But the best advice I can give you would be to save wikiarms and ammoseek as bookmarks and check them when you want to get some ammo. You can sort by price, caliber, type etc and then will be directed to the site that has the best for you at that time.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

We got to the point the mini mags are about all we get now. We’ve got thousands of rounds of various LRN’s….but after we found that our 22 pistol functions very reliably with the mini mags, that’s what we’ve stuck with picking up when we are out and about.