1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

They are absolutely shootable with factory grips. I never changed mine out and I’d load max book with my 5” barrel.

lizard84 likes this.
  2. By “regrip” I assume you mean get rid of all that brown shit?

3. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Don’t be hating on the wood grain young fella.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I really enjoy shooting the Blackhawk with the original grips until I get to heavy loads, then the Hogue or Pachmeyers make the difference. 44 Specials or that level handload are really super fun in 44 Mags.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I thought that was the only way to enjoy them. :confused:

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Wally World called, so I picked up that hundred dollah Rossi just now. Hoping she gets the call on approval for the 10/22 today. Glad we went with both…….ain’t gonna lie:D

RonR and Sabre699 like this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

What Rossi? The RS22?

8. Tristan

Wife handed me a 3 month membership to the local range last night, so naturally I went today. Glad to find out my suppressor now works as it should after drilling out the end cap a bit. Funny coincidence- saw 3 guys there I worked with in Dublin, totally didn't recognize them at first... we've been WFH for over 2 years.

9. Walmart still sells guns? I thought they stopped?

Or did they just stop selling handguns?

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Seems to be determined geographically.

11. Chango

Chango Something clever!

It's store by store for long guns, no handguns. Here in the Tulsa area, most don't have any guns, but there are a couple that still do. They all have ammo, though.

12. I can’t remember the last time I went to Walmart, but I’m pretty sure mine doesn’t even sell handgun ammo.

13. Chango

Chango Something clever!

You may be right. I've seen the ammo, but I haven't really looked at it to see what it is.

14. Tristan

Rifle ammo only at WM, unless you have .22lr handguns...

15. britx303

They all stopped selling around me, but one of them started stocking rifles and shotguns again recently. Plenty of ammo, but I only go for 22lr minimags.

16. britx303

Yes, couldn’t resist at around 100 bucks. It’s a clone to our 702 mossberg that was our only real dedicated 22. My wife’s in line texting me that she’s about to be up next for the 10/22 pickup. I myself am just walking in the home door from running across the other side of the river………picked up several bx25 mags :rock:

17. britx303

Yep, built a p80 Glock 19 with a 22lr slide. Awesome piece. So yeah………we kinda get pistol ammo from Wally World :D

18. Shit now I’m curious if my Walmart has 9mm ammo.

If they do have some, they won’t for long. :D

19. britx303

I must say, the fiber optic sights on this Rossi are pretty dang cool. They are working in very low light. I’m just hoping the 50 yard accuracy is at least as good as the 702. We shoot plates/steel/reactive targets at our club, and some of the targets are really small……3” diameter , and the conversion bolt just isn’t accurate enough out of any of our 556 uppers. It was just time for dedicated pieces. The bolt is fun, but I’ve lost interest with it.

20. britx303

I believe their corporate policy is no handgun ammo, and they have to call local authorities to come pick it up. That’s what a store manager we are friends with told me