1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Ah well shit.

I’m pretty sure Dicks Sporting Goods went a similar route. They used to carry gun stuff but they stopped.

Academy still carries everything though. There is one about 2mi from the house (right beside the gym). I’ve gotten 9-10 guns from Academy. They have all kinds of ammo too, but not a lot of stock.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I hesitate to post this because I’m afraid you’ll buy it all
    https://supervelammunition.com/certified-select-9mm-luger-115-gr-fmj

They’re out right now but if you sign up for email they’ll let you know when it hits. Use “Carrytrainer” as a discount code and and 115 grain ball comes out to $0.25 a round after shipping and taxes if you buy 2,500 or more. They’re reloads but I’ve run probably 3,000 9mm and about 1,000 .233 with zero issues.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. It’s on now. :D

I’ve never had any issues with reloads. There was a while during the Floyd/Covid bullshit that reloads were about all you could get.

I’ve saved the world with reloads hundreds of times with no issues. :D

Jedb likes this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hmmmm I honestly have been hesitant about purchasing reloads. I see great deals on 9mm reloads quite often but wasn’t sure what to expect. When we do our tacticool PCC stuff, that would take some of the sting out. PCC’s eat up ammo crazy fast

Gorilla George and StaccatoFan like this.
  5. Go for it dude. Maybe buy one box and see how they fire in the gun you want to use. But I have never had a single failure with reloads.

6. GixxerJohn011

I was too until I realized this isn’t your uncle Jimbob reloading in the basement while working on a case of Natty Light.

I finally bit when Academy dropped their limit to 2 boxes as their price went to $0.40 a round before tax. All of my range ammo has been from them ever since. I replace my carry ammo every six months, I think I’ll give their SCHP a spin next time I need to buy.

britx303 and Gorilla George like this.
  7. GixxerJohn011

@Gorilla George FYI they just dropped some ammo today. They have 14 of the 5,000 count available.

8. britx303

Yes, I admit I did envision a Jimbob doing this :crackup:About a year ago I tried to order from that Academy place. It wouldn’t ship ammo to MD. I “think” 2A warehouse is where I see the reload deals, and they ship here. My brother-in-law gets from there but he doesn’t shoot as much as we do. I’m feeding 3 of us at a time, so I will give it a go.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If you shoot that much, why not take up reloading? It is easy and not very expensive for equipment unless you go for the top end production level reloading press. You can easily get your kids involved with most aspects of reloading. Case prep and stuff can be done by anybody.

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Anyone own a AMTAC suppressor. Looking for feedback.
    Thanks

11. Today was a good day.

I went to pick up the Canik 4” METE and they had one of the Canik SFX Rival there so I grabbed it too. :D

5A845D09-7E6D-467C-ABC5-7FA2BCB3F7B0.jpeg

12. And it got even better. When I was grabbing the Rival she was like “Wanna grab these while you are here?”

I looked over and she had my 4 suppressors sitting there. :clap:

67D332D2-C5CB-4037-AF15-E1838964BED7.jpeg

Sabre699, Triple X, britx303 and 2 others like this.
  13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Hope you bought a lottery ticket on your way home!
    That’s a one in a million day. Probably couldn’t knock the smile off your face with a 2x4

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Hopefully they haven’t been sitting there long!

waiting on the form 3 on resonator k then will start the clock on that. My omega 9k was certified on 5/31 so 230 or so days I think is where I think it’s time to start thinking about it again

15. I know right. I was like “Hell yeah!”

16. Nah they hadn’t been there long. She said she tried to call while I was out of the country. But then she said she wasn’t too concerned because she knew she would see me soon because. The gun shop is also the indoor range

Jedb likes this.
  17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Now have some fun with subsonic ammo. Take that ear pro off. :D

18. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I’ve used reloads regularly for several years now. Cost effective and never really had any issues until this last 1000 I got from Southern Munitions. It’s all been dirty and some have been weak. Thought it was just the Kimber being picky, but both the P07 and G19 didn’t like it. Oddly, the AKV eat it up with no issues. I guess SM just got some bad powder and\or just didn’t get the rounds loaded with enough.

britx303 likes this.
  19. britx303

Yeah that would bug me with ammo doing that. How you liking that AKV? I passed up on one at my LGS to get my pc charger. No regrets, this thing is awesome, but I want the AKV also:D

20. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20221127-201043_Gallery.jpg Lovin’ the AKV. Tried the rental at the range and liked it so much, I went to local shop and bought one the next day. Grandson enjoys shooting it too. Put Sig Romeo 5 red dot on it, as I wasn’t a fan of the sights on it.