1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Anyone shot a 10mm 1911?

seems like an interesting gun for the farm and shooting just enough to be proficient or is it not much better than a 45?

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Love all guns 10mm. I’d recommend a Glock over a 1911 though as a farm gun. And 10 imho kills 45.

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Good to hear on the 10. A Glock makes the most sense but it’s just sooo boring

dobr24 likes this.
  4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Get a S&W 10xx model (1006, 1066,1076)
    Or get a S&W 610 10mm revolver. Also shoots .40cal.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yeah but it works. Love my 20. It’s my hunting sidearm. Thinking about putting an RMR on it.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, but long-range semis sendin' 10 rds into 5″ at 1000 yds under 30 seconds is more awesomer...and shit. :D
    :beer:

dobr24 likes this.
  7. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I’ve had both a 1911 in 10mm and a Glock 20, both great firearms but you cant beat the trigger on nearly any brand of 1911. I’ve had up to 3 1911’s at one time but currently have none but that doesn’t make them less awesome.

Next one will be a Fusion because they are made just south of me in Venice FL, checked out a Bantam R locally and it was really sweet.

8. lizard84

I’m going the other way, Ruger #1’s and black powder 1874 Sharp’s

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

I have a 1864 Burnside Carbine, they were reportedly pretty accurate. I'd love to restore it to shooting condition if I could find a source for cartridges but, otherwise, I'm not yet a blackpowder fan.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

11. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Very interested in this too. I never get time to really shoot anymore, just build (assemble) new guns and put them in the safe! lol.

Although after reading the advertisement I'm a little skeptical at the final product. "Works with the most SA/DA semi-auto firearms and some revolvers. Don't work with bolt action firearms" Get a proofreader already!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  12. Quicktoy

I’m in Venice. Come talk to me before you pull the trigger on buying one please.

13. Quicktoy

Get the Glock 40. Long slide 10mm named “the hunter”. Johnny Glocks triggers is based out of my shop. He can make a Glock trigger as good as any series 70s worked triggers.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

No shit! Been watching his videos for a long time! He seems like a crazy mofo. His triggers are legendary.

15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

what #1's are you looking at? a guy locally built a sweet 6.5 suppressed #1. I'm in lust. I've got a 280 international and a #3 in 22 hornet. That's all my current budget allows. just something about a single shot that's kinda cool. I need to replace the scope on my #1, I was going thru scopes a year or two ago and put a VX II 3-9x50 on it. Too big. Need to find something smaller I think.

16. Quicktoy

They are the best in the game. Ya Johnny is getting a huge rep worldwide. He’s been in the back of our gun shop since we opened. Major asset and great guy. At one point in his life he was the drummer for NIN. At another point, he was Secretary of State John Kerry’s personal massager therapist. Dude has had a life.

dobr24 likes this.
  17. lizard84

Currently I only have one, a Ruger 1A 50th anniversary in .308. The rifles and their single shot actions are so nice, the wood on this example where it intersects with metal aren’t in my opinion up to what a special edition should be which probably explains why I got such a good deal on it, no worries, I love it anyway.

I have designs on two more, a 35 Whelen (stainless) and a 7x57 Lipsey International. The scope on my 308 looks out of place, Leupold 5x15x50 vx 5 but it’s a low light wonder and it’s staying for now.

gt#179 likes this.
  18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

And how many 1/2 minute @1000 gas guns are running around? And what's the price tag?

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Ima getting EVAC. Yep.

20. fastfreddie

The same question could be asked about bolt guns with such virtue. Don't leave out the 10 rds in quick time part.
    I think it would come down to the shooter given a good gun of either persuasion.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020