1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like butts

Discussion in 'General' started by tiggen, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

2. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Never had good bark, and maybe the foil is the culprit. Will def try paper next time (2 weeks from now:D)

Hope you guys are well!

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Tried wrapping a few times in paper, seem to get just as good result unwrapped. If it doesn't look like a black meteorite before you wrap it, forget about having good bark.

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jz5j7Dqtp8jaJZxs9

My recently finished smoke shack. Approx. 10x17' Going to add solar for power. Got a ceramic Kamado, pellet grill, gas grill, and griddle. Just need a commercial type fryer to complete the set...

cBJr, Knotcher and Mud Whistle like this.
  5. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

The last couple I chunked up into 2-3" cubes and rubbed on all sides. More surface area = more bark and it cooks faster.
    If we're doing carnitas then I'll smoke the chunks the same way and then they go into a dutch oven (in the smoker) & covered with liquid/sauce to be braised at 375 or so. I used to make my own rubs but now I usually use Meat Church and the Frontera pouch for carnitas because I'm lazy.

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I like mine a dark mahogany with pools of goo. That a really nice smokehouse you got there, one day....
    butt 4.jpg

Knotcher and WANABE RACER like this.
  7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The title is false advertising. :mad:

tiggen and Knotcher like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This ain’t about you, man. It’s about those wack jobs that smoke butts for hours.

and French smokes.

beac83 likes this.
  9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I’m doing beef ribs in my lone star grillz insulated vertical for Father’s Day. I’ll have to post up some pics.

3949AB95-4028-4178-A484-55BE0CC322E2.jpeg

R1Racer99 and beac83 like this.
  10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Usually, when folks say “smoke shack” it’s an actual smoking vessel. That’s more a BBQ den. :D

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I thought you were talking weights there for a second, and I'm thinking "looks like we got a fatty-fooker here".
    Then I realized the thread had been jacked to talk about pork or something. Doesn't pork have worms in it?

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I've never had my meat over-smoked.
    Well, maybe once when I was really drunk and it started to get sore.

13. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

you mean protein enhancers?

14. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Can you smoke meat too much?

If a little smoke makes meat taste delicious then a lot of smoke must make it taste freaking amazing, right? Unfortunately, this logic can result in some pretty atrocious barbecue. Using too much wood and not understanding fire management is one of the biggest rookie BBQ mistakes

Funkm05 and Knotcher like this.
  15. Knotcher

I love your shack. What kamado are you running? I had a primo xl for a bit and loved it. So versatile.

I really like how yours is screened in. We don’t have a bug issue up here but I need to build something that will knock down the winter winds. Maybe after I finish the dining table to replace the folding set.

Tec infrared grill. Lone star ivc on the left. I want to add a Santa Maria grill and wood oven nearby for full outdoor cooking. 0E1B8847-010D-44F6-BA13-BDAF0F3A519F.jpeg

R1Racer99 likes this.
  16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

17. Knotcher

C1769D53-8987-43A7-BDE1-63594214D6EB.jpeg 4F00388A-A236-4E57-B243-94B18DE45495.jpeg

Mmmmm

Don’t want to hold these but I will….

18. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Next image, slice inta it...or ripped apart with yer teeth. Looks amazing.

19. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

:stupid: and maybe some bbq sauce:D

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Ketchup.