1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did my own Yeti challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I do have this Yeti product. Also have a bunch of the metal Koozies in this camo. Cant hunt hogs with out Ice cold Camo beer
    Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 10.36.15 AM.png

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

.. and ball bearings.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Fetzler valve and 3in1 oil

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Pour:Poke:

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I cant believe people are saying you have to 'pre-cool' a yeti now hahaha... thats funny!

Let me spend $300 on a cooler, but then remember to pre-cool it in some gigantic freezer I have just to pre-cool my cooler.

SnacktimeKC, cartmen34 and Phl218 like this.
  6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

Ozark for the win.... and we have Yeti stuff also....

WANABE RACER likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Actually, what's funny is you don't seem to grasp the difference temperature and insulation.

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

No, I absolutely do... but you saying guys saying you have to pre-cool a $300 cooler to make it work right is cracking me up.

I get it I guess, you spent $300 on a brand name so you have to defend it at all costs, even if that means having to pre-cool a cooler. :crackup:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, it's not that pre cooling works better, that is kind of a duh thing. It's that the only way it seems to make a Yeti work properly is precooling :D

10. dsapsis

Lost (somewhere in entropy?) is that a device that is designed to insulate well will insulate heat as well as cold. Hence, putting an equal charge of cold ice into a warm Rotomold cooler will actually cause more increase in temprature than a comparably hot traditional foam cooler.

11. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Take two coolers of the same size, fill them with ice and place them in your garage. Check them in 2 days and see which is filled with ice cold water.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If the beer is cold who cares.

13. dsapsis

See post 21, no? :D

14. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

No-no to drain out the water...keep as much of that cold water in there when adding ice...makes a big difference.

This is stated right in the directions when you get one. I keep a yeti in my truck all the time for work...has been a real benefit to not have to fill with ice every single day. Gets to be a real PITA. 20lbs of ice will work all week here in the SE.

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Listen people, Yeti or not, if you put warm stuff in a cooler, the ice will melt faster. I'm sure we're in violent agreement on that.:dead:

You don't pre-cool the cooler but don't leave it out in the sun getting hot before using it either. There are lots of brands that now offer a thick walled high R value cooler so get a thick walled cooler or a thin walled one depending on your needs. And then choose the brand with whatever features and price point appeal to you, and stop judging others. I got a Yeti because it fit in a specific space I wanted a cooler and it did it with more volume without extra handles and stuff sticking out. I also wanted a thick walled good cooler.

And while we're judging, I also spent the $25 for a Yeti cold block so that I don't need so much ice each time I use it. I'm sure that was stupid but oh well, that's what I wanted to use. :p I feel like the Uccio for Yetis now.... ugh.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean the blue things filled with the same stuff as all the other freezer packs? :D

badmoon692008 and cpettit like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No, not for me. Women are supposed to be warm and beer cold. Fack, my life is totally backwards.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The other ones don't have the logo.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. dsapsis

I'm not advocating for warm beer, just good beer (in the cooler).

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I can maybe see buying the Yeti cooler if you have that kind of money to spend on a cooler, but the Yeti cups are way overpriced.
    Walmart sells the same thing for much less. I bought 9 of them for $45 and gave them as gifts. I kept two for myself.
    They work great.

MELK-MAN likes this.