1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did my own Yeti challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Aug 28, 2017.

1. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

For the cost of a yeti I can bring two cheap coolers, fill one with only blocks of ice, and be good to go for days past the yeti.

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

And still not own a yeti ever. Lol

Ride safe,
    AAron

3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Two months ago I spent a week in the desert 4wheeling (Moab) as I try to do every year. It was 100 deg. and my old school Coleman, steel wrapped performed better than a stupid yeti by using one simple trick. Just wrap a couple damn blankets around it! Jeebus, it ain't rocket science. If it stays in your rig, throw your blankets over it and you're good to go.
    :beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

But then you can't put a cool Yeti sticker on your shit.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I can send anyone a couple of Yeti stickers I have. $100 plus shipping. lmk.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He points them to his tow vehicle!

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I had a little Yeti lowball mug, someone stole it from my table at a trackday at Tally. Good thing it was a gift in the first place I suppose.

8. He has a Yeti cup :). I have about 15 Yeti cups, gave away about 20 as well. One of the guys that works for me in Asia has a brother in law that works for the company that makes them for Yeti. I covered the Yeti symbol with a sticker in protest

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know if mine came with any sticker but the cooler really doesn't take WERA stickers all that well.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then it is garbage.

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

only thing worse than spending $300+ on a yeti cooler.. is puttin a yeti sticker in your truck window to let everyone know you spent $300+ on one.

My buddy sold me a spare large "yukon" by igloo cooler for $200. It's decent, but still feel violated as many have found, going in and out of a cooler during a race weekend, you are gonna lose ice. I agree that leaving as much water in there as you can does help.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But, I don't have a truck. :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Pelican.

Mine keeps ice for 6days @ 80-90 degrees as long as items going in are cold. If not, 3-4 days. Works great, and no rubber straps to break.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

which one?

15. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I bought this Pelican from Fry's Electronics for $100 (50% off) last week.

Filled it with beer, ice and water at 5 PM on Friday and on Sunday afternoon still had a couple of ice cold beers in it.

It was in the hotel room the whole time. It also has a built in bottle opener.

This thing is strong enough to use as jack stands to hold up your car. IMG_0283 (1).JPG

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And pre cooling a regular cooler will give you great results too :crackup:

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It doesn't matter the brand name on the cooler. If you dump 48 cans of beverages that are at garage temperatures then cover them in ice guess what happens. You're ice melts. The second round of ice you throw in will last double or triple the amount of time. It's simple physics.

I always dropped my stuff in the fridge a couple days before it went in the cooler. You should never dump the water until the end of the weekend or unless you are trying to not get wet or develop a hernia loading or unloading the cooler. Surface area contact is better than a bunch of air space.

I was gifted a Yeti cup when we bought the lake lot. If the drink you poor in over the ice is already refrigerated you can leave that cup in the car all day and you'll still have ice in it when you get back in the car. Otherwise the ice melts at the same rate as any other cup with room temperature liquids poured into it.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

it's simple thermal dynamics

19. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Not with dry ice. Try it. :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not buying a Yeti to try it sorry. Besides that, my cooler in the RV is better, I plug it in and it'll freeze beer, no ice used ever :D

V5 Racer likes this.