1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did my own Yeti challenge

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Aug 28, 2017.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Depends on the beer, no?

(I love how they teach English to Spaniards...)

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Like a hot dog down a hallway I'd imagine :)

f337426f-4a39-44be-9b95-c6ba8415d371_1.feb3ffc8492a951442dd1703f7da347b.jpeg

cha0s#242, Funkm05 and rd400racer like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well some coolers are better than others.

I had a motor cop friend in Dallas who told me stories about teaching English to some Spanish types. LOL

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don't use ice cubes from the fridge in a cooler.
    All that white in the ice is air.
    Block ice is best.

5. Go with dry ice, liquid nitrogen or ice only from +\- 2 miles from the North Pole.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Dry Ice is the bomb. I can only get it at Publix now.

that wtuff works wonders if you need stuff to stay cold while travelling

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I used dry ice a few times.
    Works well but not always convenient to procure.

8. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Didn't pre cool the Yeti?

Warm Yeti and room temp drinks?

And for the record, super big and super heavy rotomolds with walls so thick that there's only a small amount of actual storage that costs a shit load of money is extremely dumb.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeti says not to drain any more water than you need to. Even though it's melted it's still what 35 degrees, fills in all the air pockets you get around the cubes. And yes blocks are better, we make them up using 1 pound butter tubs.

10. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I like them. I use the Hopper for short day trips with the Yeti ice packs and the Tundra with ice packs and bag ice. Stuff seems like it stays cold forever. Even after all the ice is gone several days after I return the water is still pretty cold.

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I did a similar experiment with a thermos. I took hot water, then put ice in it and closed the lid. The ice totally melted! I will never buy a good thermos again. :Poke: (Hint: the contents in a thermos or cooler will transfer heat with each other regardless of how good the cooler insulation is. It could be a cooler with 2 foot thick walls and room temp stuff is still going to melt the ice inside.)

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

i got a walmart cooler and with a load of ice that thing holds it for a day or 2. fraction of a yeti, without the bragging rights.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As long as you drink the beer before all the ice melts who cares?

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

But but Phil, how do you get milfs at the track to lust after you if you can't brag about owning a Yeti ? :D

Phl218 likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Simple...take them out to a nice dinner with the money you didn't waste on an overpriced cooler. Yeti or MILF, who would you rather have take advantage of you?

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

DaveK would rape the cooler instead.

17. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

In the long run, the Yeti might be cheaper ;)

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

For sure.

19. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Any cooler with cubes sitting in an enclosed trailer in the Fla/Ga sun is gonna give you bad results.

Pre-cool a Yeti or similar roto mold cooler, use dry or block ice )or any combination thereof) and the performance will surprise you. It's not a magic cooler but using it right will yield great results.

20. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

There are some seriously bad ass coolers in both of those tests, but $250 for the CHEAP one? For that money the damn thing should at least come with a tugger.