Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 5, 2017.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah that's my concern

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it is chilly. About to need jeans for smoke breaks.

I've been waiting for it to get worse all day long. Kind of pissed off now, could have gotten tires on the Ho and a haircut if I ignored the weather forecast :D

Paige likes this.
  3. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

@notbostrom
    Whatever you do, don't sign an Assignment of Benefits with anyone. It takes your power as the insured away and no matter what they tell you, they cannot legally represent the damage on your behalf. Only an attorney or Licensed Public Insurance Adjuster can do so.

MELK-MAN and notbostrom like this.
  4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Awesome, I'll pass it along. I'm sure he'll claim whatever he can.

5. omatter34

PMed you my cell. Call at any time if there are questions or concerns.

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Just one more reason racing people are good people. Thanks a million. :flag:

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

@notbostrom .. there are fire/disaster restoration companies like Service pro, Belfore, etc. that do exactly what you are looking for.. google "fire restoration near me" or something like that. I've used em for stuff like this.

omatter34 likes this.
  8. omatter34

What Greg said is true, but would like to point out that all of those guys are franchises. As with anything else, some are great and some are terrible, so do your research. Or I'd be happy to do some digging for you as I know a lot of guys in that industry.

Newsshooter and MELK-MAN like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So now they're still promising bad winds which is killing off any chance to go hang at the bar and watch football. :(

MELK-MAN likes this.
  10. MELK-MAN

were some folks stuck at Road A ? can't imagine what some were dealing with that had to head south after this weekend..

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A few headed out of FL early and came by on the way to Barber so they're sticking around. I think most everyone though headed on home.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Duke FL has received 230k outage calls, can't remember how many out, maybe 180k. NC & SC have 60k power outages.

13. MELK-MAN

Yup.. 4.5 MIL in FL (statewide) without power if I heard reports correctly.

14. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

With Hugo, there were people here that didn't have power for nearly 3 weeks. It sure changes the way that you live. I hope it is restored quicker there. The wife's boss called looking for volunteers to go to Florida. I grabbed the phone and told him she would be ready for pick up in 30 minutes or less and she could stay until the last bulb was lit.:flag:

dtalbott and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Damn, I just saw the first news from Marathon and it's bad. Looks like the scenes from St. Martin. They flew over what appeared to be the house we lived in. We were on the Atlantic side, second house from the ocean on a canal. Beautiful location, and we rented the bottom of the house for $400 a month. Even had a Key Lime tree right out my door. I'd cut one off and mix it in my Meyer's, then just sit on the end of the canal staring at the ocean.

All I saw was the foundation.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

17. MELK-MAN

Edit from above.. Mayor of Naples just stated there are SIX million across FL without power (including me - gen only, yes, a quiet one). Many could be without for a good while. Yes, as jrsamples sated, hopefully not as long as when Andrew came through Homestead. Neighbor was there, 40 blocks from the total devastation. Her family was without power for 2 full weeks at that time.

18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Damn, Cali to Florida. That's a pretty good drive. Good luck and keep us updated.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Fortunately I'm in Wisconsin. Supposed to head back to SD on Friday but I heard Florida is really nice this time of year...

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I have an ole lady in Altamonte Springs who was without power two weeks from Charley. I'm expecting a very very long recovery. I saw a piece of I4 washed out at 434. Blocks and blocks of no light. My neighbourhood sounds like a paddock.

Omatter I reached out to Pilot. This is what brought me to FL 12 or so years ago. This one will take a while.