1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 5, 2017.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Basically the anwser to this is no (some -- very few -- are).

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

We're supposed to take 2 of our customers out to dinners while down there. I'm sure at least one of them would like that. I had a couple of friends that worked at the one in Des Moines lol

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My neighbor told me he hired a Public Adjuster so I offered to hang around when the guy showed up.

Red Flag 1. Guy shows up with no ladder. Doesn't get on the roof.
    Red Flag 2. Guy wants $250 signing fee.
    Red Flag 3. Guy tells story about how he got a condo owner a new roof. (That's not how this works.)

I convinced the neighbor to bail. Call your agent.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

6. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Dude was likely not licensed or at least not in Florida. Some real POS' come out of the word work for storms like this. Same as any industry. Glad you were there to watch out for your friend.
    1) my ladder doesn't leave my truck
    2) signing fees are against the law for Public Adjusters in Florida. We CANNOT be paid Anything until the homeowner receives a check from the insurance company
    3) if he is trying to sell that story, the guy has some issues.

Good on Ya Toe, but he could always call me if he wants a good one.;)

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

For what it's worth I just hired omatter aka Shawn

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Last unit I worked in was the attorney-rep unit for a year so all I dealt with was PA's and attorneys. ;) Not much I haven't seen in that regard. I still know a ton of independents and PA's and staffers.