1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR Diversity & Sensitivity Training

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Sexual Harassment test every year.

At NHIS somebody fell off a golf cart and sued the track, so I was required to become a certified golf cart operator.

noles19 likes this.
  2. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

I don't remember....I'm not sure they even told us? They were just like, surprise, you thought you won but guess what...nope! All I remember is thinking WTF! This is bullshit! WE WON FAIR AND SQUARE and got hosed by these freakin consultants who have a great racket going, getting paid big fees for making people play stupid games then change the rules after the fact while we are all falling behind on getting our actual work done!!! I gave my boss an earful on that one ha ha ha.

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Boo.

sdg likes this.
  4. sdg

sdg *

I would bet something to communication/participation/contributions of the members. Judged by them of course.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The ballers only care about options and LTI.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Old NASA buddy of mine had to do some kind of computer training. Part of the gig was, you had to implement a computer program that would prevent the other participants from being able to infiltrate your computer. My buddy decided that, in this case, a good offense was better than a good defense and promptly hacked all their computers before they had a chance to even consider the task.
    :crackup:

sdg, Jim Moore, Yzasserina and 2 others like this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Modern problems require modern solutions!

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I’m no chauvinist but thank fucking god my industry is DOMINATED by men. Latin men in California too. We dgaf.

the managers literally have to take our training for us because we just don’t do it.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

so youre a "protected" class? :)

auminer likes this.
  10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

more like protected industry

11. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

He should have unplugged the computer and gone to get a cup of coffee.

Banditracer likes this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is already here brotha! You are just fortunate that you do not have to deal with it yet. I think I am currently up to 6 online courses a year on diversity, equity, inclusion and various forms of harassment. The tests are easy. Just pick the answer that you are least likely to do and get 100% every time. The worst part is that I always end up with less money and a lot of Amazon boxes showing up at home after I do my online "training".:crackup:

13. Oh FFS.

Nope I haven’t had anything like that yet.

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

This was over twenty years ago but I seem to recall something to that effect. His professional righteousness was brutal...and a beautiful thing.
    "I crunch numbers using 13% of Langley's computer resources, none of which are graphics dependent. Don't waste my time."

Jim Moore likes this.
  15. Riot

Riot Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure the secret rule is:

People who resist the HR Diversity and Sensitivity training the most, are always the ones that need it the most.

I can say that tracks pretty true in my experience as well.

It’s just a fact of life like the DMV, it’s not a justice thing. Some execs thought they were Don Draper and played grabass with the secretarial staff and the 80s, and now you gotta sit through an HR presentation so that the new execs can pretend they did something about it.

If you go all Walter Sobchak on them for making you click thorough a PowerPoint, they’re just gonna put you on a watch list.

[​IMG]

MrGooch, adamiata and OutOfSpec like this.
  16. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

While I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment, I have a different point of view. I'd rather they just start fucking hammering people and they press charges. People will get the idea that if you do this, you're screwed, and it will stop...and I won't have to sit in training that tells me not to do something that should be common sense.

tsflstb, rd400racer, Saiyan66 and 2 others like this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah, well fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

:D

Paddy O likes this.
  18. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

This is the HR course I take every morning. Someone gave me a fridge magnet with this on it. It was the end result of years of contemplative meditation and reading.
    Had that HR class crap in the Navy in the 80s already. You'd have to have been a real idiot to not know that shit wouldn't go down well even then.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I don't recall that. Perhaps it didn't make it down to the engineering spaces. I was a pit snipe on the Kitty Hawk, into the early 90s, and I can assure you that we were far from PC and would have been incredibly resistant to anyone suggesting that we needed to change, had anyone mustered the temerity to do so.

rd400racer and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  20. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Also a snipe, fresh air variety. GSE. We had them on race relations and dealing with women onboard even though we were combat and never had one onboard-ish. Unless you count a couple of hookers or family on tiger cruises.