1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to break your scapula

Discussion in 'General' started by onepusher, Sep 13, 2012.

1. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

were you at left lock when you crashed ???

That is actually fairly common, although not correct, for the throttle to hang up a bit at full left lock. The cable is pulled and there is friction inside the sleeve.

2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Are you still trying to "guess" what happened?

3. Racer 23

Racer 23 Well-Known Member

My vote is the master was too full and when the fluid heated up it locked the front wheel. Had that happen to a member going into turn one at Putnam, and when I got to the bike everything was fine. That is until I rode it back to the pits, and the front locked again and threw me on the ground right in front of the entire Intermediate group.:eek:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No way you'd be at full left lock until you're already crashing...

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

That was sortof my point too :beer:. What it does at left lock is pretty irrelevant

6. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

NO I'm not saying that I was even close to full lock. What I'm saying is that the throttle was a bit sticky at full lock. I know you don't even come close to half lock track riding. That's why I didn't put much thought into the sticky throttle.

7. SupermotoFan

SupermotoFan deep Clothing Company

Look, I'm no expert in failure analysis, but in my not so humble opinion, you did not crash because your throttle was stuck wide open. Nor did you crash because your throttle cable was misadjusted.

8. Mblashfield

He fucking crashed because he landed a wheelie with his front brake applied.
    Are you guys blind?

Carpenter races the same bike and he agrees.
    I've done it before so I know first hand.

This bike is a 185hp Suzuki 1000

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Actually, the POS only made 184hp...

10. joec

joec brace yourself

while i dont race a modern bike....no way im buying that.

11. Mblashfield

184hp is expensive, I dont blame you.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

not stock. ported head, yoshi cams, bazzaz

13. joec

joec brace yourself

haha....i didnt mean the dyno number. haha. 185 out of a liter is of course all doable. no question.

i meant the wheelie theory. i dont see a wheelie happening at that point. the front end looks pretty planted from that view. as much as any other time.

14. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

Ok, after watching it for the last 45 minutes,
    it was a snipper up on the grassy hill.
    Pretty sure he was using the new .348 HH round. :eek:

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Throttle stuck so the front end was light. Rider heading towards turn 4 grabs the Brembo RCS master cylinder. The Brembo monoblock superbike spec calipers clamp down on the cast iron rotors. The front wheel locked and down he went.