1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hospital

Discussion in 'General' started by Dyle, Jul 6, 2011.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Holy Kaw!

I can't believe this.................heal up man! Thoughts and prayers from the Gypsy Camp.

Keep us posted.

Dennis.

:up:

2. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

How is Dyle doing today?

3. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Hey guys wanted to say thank you. Rena braught this to me and after reading all these wonderfull wishes it truely lifted my spirit. Today they will move me to a regular room so Im finally getting out of the CCU to a private room. This has been the scariest thing I have ever gone thru and you guy with the love of my family has been the lift to keep me from getting so worried and giving up. So thank you all. The WERA family is filled with some of the best people I have ever been lucky enough to part of.
    So I wont be racing at RRR for my bday in 2 weeks but Im gonna try and come watch, so make sure you come say hello and Ill show you this GIANT scar from the open heart surgery. Thank you all, and I to will be saying my prayers of thanks for being part of such a great group.

4. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I'll tell you how: He's the toughest troll I know! Open heart surgery, just out of CCU but is able to post to thank people for thinking about him? Dyle is my new hero!:beer:

Dyle likes this.
  5. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Good News!

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Hope ya heal up quick.

7. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Chicks (and Putter) dig scars! Glad you are improving, Keep on trucking!!

8. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Dyle, That is Awesome news!!!! Did the doc say how long you have to be off the bike?

9. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Considering how slowly a sternum heals up, I would hope he'll stay off a bike for at least 6 months to a year. You definitely don't want to take a hit in the chest for a long time after open-heart surgery.

Heal up fast, young man! Sending prayers your way to you and your entire family.

Dyle likes this.
  10. Dyle

Yeah Howie he told me it would be 6 months to a year at the least. It sucks but hey Im alive so Ill take my time and heal back quick. I was told that this was caused by cigs so Im now a Nonsmoker. They said Im healing up fast and may get to go home Sunday. I pray to God they are right because hospital food sucksssssss!!!!!

11. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

So doc said to switch from smokes to brownies!?

Nice, your going to be a chunk like me in no time. Remember, 7#= 1hp. So keep it under 230#, or you'll have to really work to hustle that Honda around the track...lol.

Great news, well have to plan a big V7 race outing next year.

Gypsy

Dyle likes this.
  12. Steve Fahey

Steve Fahey I need a new avatar

Jeez Dyle .... I'm glad you're up and on the road to recovery. Can we look forward to any rambling, heavily medicated posts like we've seen in the past?

Seriously though, get better dude.

Dyle likes this.
  13. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Hey Dyle. Glad things are going well for you.
    I just went through a similar situation with my dad the past coupla weeks.
    Triple bypass. Aorta-bi-fem surgery. 99.9% caused by cigarettes. 3 packs a day for 40-45 yrs.

All the best.

14. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

You should seriously feel like a million bucks once you heal up and without all the pluggage in the veins!!
    Get well soon!

15. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

6 months is a short time.... You have the rest of your life. I know we will see you back out there. Quitting smoking will change your life. You are in my prayers!:up:

Dyle likes this.
  16. Dyle

Got some great news today!!!
    The pulled the tubes out of my chest because the bleeding has stopped. I didnt get moved from CICU yet because I had some kidney stone problems but that went away this morning and I was told if everything stay like it is right now Ill get to go home tomorrow or Monday at the latest. YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!. My spirits are really hight right now even though I have a new scare that goes from my neck to my belly button but hey, Ill take it for my life ya know.
    I have to say thanks, you guys are great friends and I truely am blessed to have such a great support group. Oh and I will be there to cheer everyone on even though I cant ride that weekend. Maybe I can get the kid to ride in my place for me. But either way itll be 6 months and the least b4 I can get back on the bike. I have said it b4 and I will say it again. WERA doesnt stand for racing, it stands for family. So everyone who makes it out to RRR come see me on Sunday and those going to VMD Ill be praying that you guys have a safe, ass kicking weekend.
    Oh and Steve I tried to stay away from the computer when they had me loaded down with morphene, I didnt want another episode like last time. LOL.......See you all soon and THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

17. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Great news! i hope to be at RRR to see you.

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

More great news for you Dyle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your paint job is DONE....I spent 15 hours in the booth painting yesterday....SHEW....

I did a bit of the graffix (Honda, CBR, HRC logos) in paint, not stickers since these are relative to the bike.
    I am making your #'s, two Dyle stickers for the upper, and the Brinks Racing stickers for the plates out of vinly.
    This way if you ever sell the bike these can be removed.

If I get a chance I will post some pics. The blue pearl over everything looks pretty cool. I cant wait to see it in the sun.

I will not be making Roebling. If Gypsy goes do you want me to send the bodywork with him or just hang on to it until you feel a bit more up to par?

Chuck D

19. Dyle

Chuck that is awsome. I would love to see some pics so if you feel up to it just send it to my yahoo email ok. As for getting it to me that is totally up to Dennis. If he or even Kevin doesnt mind bringing it down for me that would be great. If not Ill make a trip alittle later and come get it. I cant wait to see it brother and thank you so much. Why arent you making it to RRR? We can talk about the reason in a private PM. But again thanks so much.
    Everyone keep your fingers crossed Ill find out here in an hour or so if I get to go home today or Monday. Im praying for today........PLEASE GOD LET ME GO HOME!!!!

20. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Damn...its been a rough 12 months. Sorry to hear about all the trouble. You've been nothing but welcoming and friendly when I've met you. I wish you a speedy recovery.

My mom just had a double bypass about two months ago. Her heart was 90% blocked. She's doing great.

Dyle likes this.