1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hillary Clinton to be charged

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you, the only differnce is I'm pissed about it and I don't really like Gary Johnson either. I'm in Ga so if my vote counts, the election is over anyway.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Me too :D

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

How long have people been saying that? It will never happen unless one of those two parties breaks up.

4. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Republicans seem to be well on their way... If Hillary loses, I'm sure the Democrats will start to fracture as well.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How she and her aides get to maintain their security clearances is going to be the next crime. They will.

6. Sacko DougK

One could argue that the Dem's are just the same if not worse based upon the run Sanders gave her. However in the end, most will vote along party lines.

7. Lawn Dart

Huh? They're nothing alike..

The Republicans had NO ONE to get behind... Cruz is/was an idiot, Rubio the same, and Kasich wasn't recognizable enough. That's how we arrive at someone like Trump... If you'd asked 4 years ago to Republicans, "would you elect Donald Trump?" What do you think they would say? Hell, even 2 years ago...

Hillary was pretty much always in control. Even with this looming security clearance stuff, she's absolutely in no danger of NOT being nominated. Sanders appealed to a select group of people who don't control the country yet. He didn't even have enough of an impact to get her to change her platform at all.

We've been talking for years about how badly the Republican party is out of touch and how they need to get their shit together to get back on track... And now Donald Trump is likely their top candidate. You don't see the huge difference?

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

2 yrs ago? Hell, less than a year ago people have said NFW!

Regarding Johnson....

Johnson is the current Ross Perot, think foolishly otherwise if you like but it's the truth and WISHFUL thinking if you truly believe that party will ever have any momentum. Right in this very thread you have pro Libertarians who have admitted they have a problem with Isolationism, that is one of their core beliefs and one the majority in the country seeking a new party will NOT stand behind.

I think our best chance at fixing the current problem is by fracturing the current parties and restructuring to what we want.....this is the time we need to be vocal about it's future.

I don't believe for one second Trump supporters are doing it because they think he's such a great choice. I believe more folks are doing it as a big ole FU to the GOP for not listening to their wishes.....and I agree with it. And ya know what, so far it's worked....we beat our first opponent, the GOP, and now pray we can beat the more dangerous one in November.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  9. Sacko DougK

Let me start this by saying that Trump has never been my choice. I've said it on here publicly before. And most likely not for any of the conventional bandwagon reasons. I have my own reasons, that could get lengthy in itself. In short though, he does not understand the war, he does not have a plan to win the war, and I want a candidate who does. That leaves me with a "woulda, shoulda, coulda" candidate that never ran. So, I will vote party line unless an individual candidate strikes me as the best choice.

I do agree that the GOP is doing itself more harm then good, but I think that harm is in not supporting Trump. I don't agree that the GOP had no one to get behind, when they had 16 candidates for quite a while. That process worked in the way it was intended to, here are the candidates, voters decide who they want. Like it or not, Trump won.

On the Dem side, Clinton was the one the establishment wanted. Hillary has been DNC candidate since 2008, when she agreed to bow out and be put on that path starting with her position in DoS. Sanders was nothing but a thorn in their side. Everything from how she won the nomination to how this administration has protected her has been a part of that 2008 agreement.

The fight against the establishment in DC is why Trump won and why Sanders did so well. In my opinion, the worst thing the GOP could (and in my ways is doing) is in-fighting against Trump to protect the establishment. If they do something to prevent Trump, I would support the break-up because they put the establishment above the will of the people. However, on the DNC side the establishment circled around their candidate. I find it funny how publicly they flaunted their rich establishment powers in front of their "common person" base and they just swallowed it whole.

Orvis likes this.
  10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If you want to win a war you take politicians out of it. Generals are bred for this purpose. If you want to win a war you unleash the full extent of what your military can do, you don't handcuff it.

TurboBlew likes this.
  11. Sacko DougK

Or put a retired General in charge ;)

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

whats so funny (or sad) about how "common people" are reacting to either candidate. Earlier this week... a local guy got punched for being a Trump supporter. When asked if he regretted it... he confessed he did & just wished he kept silent & just waited til Nov to vote.
    People are effing pissed! From all income levels to all State or Local Police levels. Even with Turnips gaffs... he is still in the race.

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

With an old school command sergeant major. Shit will get done.

14. Lawn Dart

Totally get this and agree.

Clearly this is the disconnect. "No one to get behind" means, there wasn't a clear choice who represents the "best" of the party. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been 16 candidates. Its the spaghetti method - throw all of them at the wall and see what sticks... Your very next statement about Hillary being the establishment choice further illustrates exactly what I was saying about one party fracturing, unlike the other. The Democrats are not the same or worse - they produced what they believed was the candidate with the best chance to win and best embodies their platform. The GOP let anyone and their brother run and ended up with Trump, who no one took seriously, and now look at them...

I'm not saying the Democrats are good... For everyone (like Doyle) coming out to condemn the attacks on Clinton (because Bush did it too, and lied about Iraq) are ignoring the bigger problem. The only difference is that they're all united in their delusion. :D

15. Sacko DougK

I can see why the DNC doesn't seem to be as fractured, however, that is only because they wrote a way to circumvent the public and maintain their control in the primary process with super delegates. If it weren't for them writing the rules to protect themselves, Bernie most likely would have won and the DNC would be in the same position as the RNC at this point. Stuck with a popular candidate that the establishment doesn't want.

I guess my point about the DNC was that they came out and said, "THIS is your candidate" and then out of nowhere Bernie came and threw wrench into the whole plan. That shows the discontent with that party.

But in the end, most people will vote party lines. The majority of the crossovers will most likely go to Trump and the middle will decide.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Lawn Dart likes this.
  16. Sacko DougK

All in the name of the party that represents the little person.......While they make hundreds of millions off of them. Fucking sheep.

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I turned down an invitation to a small Trump event last week because I didn't want to take the chance some idiots would damage my vehicle as I arrived or left. I shouldn't have to worry about something like that.
    That's not how it works in this country.

18. Sacko DougK

So, you were intimidated.

19. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Jus' sayin. . .

:D

20. Sacko DougK

Newsflash: Perjury and FOIA are definitely coming your way, and the whole corruption thing is still under investigation.