Hillary Clinton to be charged

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ped

ped Banned

Can you believe they went after Hastert and gave him 15 months, while Hillary is still campaigning!

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not sure why one should prevent the other.

Child molestation isn't criminal?

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

More ironic is that he was not charged with child molestation.
    Hastert was convicted of federal bank structuring charges.
    I'm willing to bet Hillary has done worse than fiddle with the amounts of bank withdrawals to avoid reports which are supposedly to foil laundering of drug money.

4. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The statute had run on Hastart's multiple child molestation offenses, most of them probably felonies.

So, again, you are half right.

5. In Your Corner

So, where was I wrong?
    He wasn't charged or convicted, right?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he's saying that he wasn't prosecuted because he couldn't have been anyway. Just like it is technically correct that he doesn't have a vacation home on the moon. :D

7. Shyster d'Oil

There's that, and then there's the failed argument that Hillary is worse than Hastert because she has committed more serious crimes.

So I was wrong, he was only 1/3 right. :D

8. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

So, you are saying that he would disregard his oath and legal responsibilities to influence the Presidential election? Not to mention, how he will go down in history if it is ever discovered that he did such and ruined the credibility of the FBI? I don't see that happening. It may get blocked, but I do not think it will come from him.

9. Shyster d'Oil

It's called prosecutorial discretion. There is no requirement that every crime committed be charged or prosecuted.

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

That is quite the catch, that catch .22. However that prosecutorial discretion would come from the Attorney General (an Obama appointee) and not the head of the FBI, correct?

11. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

That's EXACTLY how it is going to go down (let's get back together in November). FBI is a political arm of the Great Leader. The last batch that had integrity left after the Nixon years.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Technically you are correct, because the FBI investigates rather than prosecutes. But like any police agency decisions can be made as to whether a crime should be charged. Every police agency in the country will pass on criminal charges in certain circumstances.

For instance, if Hillary's crime was utilizing her own server, the FBI might not be interested in prosecuting her for that if many others before her have done the same thing.

But there may be much more out there, beneath the surface, that could result in serious and legitimate charges. The fact is we all have our suspicions but right now we have almost no evidence of something beyond the server.

13. Shyster d'Oil

The Director of the FBI is a Republican.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

There is very little difference these days...or haven't you noticed??

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  15. Shyster d'Oil

Britt: The issue is party loyalty, and you won't have that impinging upon the FBI director's decision in Clinton's case.

16. In Your Corner

Bullshit.
    Even you don't believe that.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

For us mere mortals, we have to fall back on our personal safety valve to survive. By that I mean that we cannot get our hopes up very much until the fat lady sings. So far the FBI has been pretty closed mouth with their findings, which is a good thing, so we really don't know exactly what evidence has been uncovered. So we wait. If the FBI releases it's findings and pushes for an indictment, and the DOJ follows suit, there will be dancing in the streets and we can all relax a bit. :beer:

(Well, some of us. I'm thinking you will be in your closet crying.):D

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I am saying the Loyalty is to The DC Lifestyle and all that keeps it alive....One day if you are down this way, Beer/Whiskey and my DC/NFL Analogy.

Shyster d'Oil likes this.
  19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Can the planning of America's future be handled in one night of binge drinking?
    :beer:

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Add some guns and the answer is yes....LOL