Hey, it's some day, maybe Friday! What ya listening to? Screw you IYC.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Jul 29, 2011.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

All Them Witches

their live stuff is great rock

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

The Macc Lads: the beer necessities. Long day working on shit at the new place…….needed some good “f*ck everyone, I need a laugh“ music for the drive home

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fuck, I didn’t hear that.

I played the album on my road trip Tuesday night. Now I’ll have to play it again on the return trip in homage.

27 likes this.
  4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

They a new discovery for you? I’d never heard of them but like their music quite a bit…. Thanks

Try Elephant Tree now… listening to ATW and it came on as similar… never heard of them but it’s great too

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I had heard of them quite a while ago but never took the time to lend an attentive ear until a few months ago. Gavin Harrison is one hell of a drummer !

27 likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Amyl and the Sniffers. Been yapping about them for years and they just keep getting better. :)

7. ton

ton Arf!

Yeah, I’ve been digging pretty deep into all things Steven Wilson the last year. Porcupine Tree is probably my favorite. Particularly the newest one.

Gavin is extraordinary. Became aware of him via the most recent King Crimson triple drummer incarnation.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

they did KEXP shows that I keep going on about… they do rock and you have to love the Aussie love for the 80s style… mulllets and blades all around

her singing is too punk for me but the music is great

oh and the newer Helmet is good too… didn’t know it existed along with the UO

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See, I like that her vocals are a bit harsh. I bet there’s no auto tune used with them. Doubt they could spell it. :D

AC/DC led by a female iggy pop (with a mullet). :crackup:

found Rocky Votolato a few weeks back and between his original band Waxwing I keep finding great shit that I missed.

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Got some Vinny Moore blasting.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

A I think she’d kick all of AC/DCs ass by herself… never had a band sounded more like they exactly look
    :D she reminds me of Blondie’s feistier cousin…

I really like the music, they rock and her bounce is special for sure, and look at those song titles :crackup:
    IMG_1357.jpeg

12. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Soundtrack songs from the new DandD movie.

motoboy likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The kid has me listening to Brian Fallon and the gaslight anthem.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Sinead’s death got me revisiting her music and I’ve been watching a bunch of live performances… she needed to be in that great female singers/Adele @motion thread… her passion and vocals were great…

that led to Aimee Mann from Til Tuesday yet again… then Peter Gabriel’s live album with all the musicians from around the world showcasing their styles and vocals and finally a bunch of cellos, violas, and violins

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Two-seven, mentioned it on another thread but her duet with macgowan is awesome (until Shane pipes in).

27 likes this.
  16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Shockwire - I Drive The Speed Limit Cause There's Drugs In The Car.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Saw that and it got me digging deeper in her catalog, thanks for that. I think I missed how great of a passionate vocalist she was because I was so impressed by her bravery for speaking out against pedos. That overshadowed her musical talent for me over 30 years ago now.

chilling out to Madonna’s confessions on a dance floor now… reliving club nights of the 00s I guess

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  18. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

Matisyahu
    Saw him last night at The Caverns in TN

19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Jesus fuck did I have an ear-crush on Johnette Napolitano. Saw them play at Lupo’s in Providence back in ‘94.

In fact queued up the Still in Hollywood EP on the drive out to Lobster Land last week. Her version of Mandocello is haunting.

Sabre699 and motoboy like this.